• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend you do not count the 25 as you home protector firearm. Of the others, I would choose the one you are more accustom to. I am sure you have a favorite of the calibers you listed. You can buy rounds that are more "appartment" proof if you do need to use your firearm at home. You can sell what you want, but please keep one, but not the 25. You can always give the 25 to your wife for her purse, or keep it for yourself and carry it in your pocket.

I am sorry you are thinking about selling any of them my friend, but times are hard for all of us right now.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What I don't understand is why you all keep saying to get rid of the .25? What's so wrong with a FMJ 25? I keep one at the house for my girl when I'm gone. If it will penetrate 3 pieces of drywall, it should be good enough to penetrate through a couple layers of clothing and still do damage. If nothing else it will be a good shock for the BG until you can plug him in the head with it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Shotgun in my opinion is the best home defense gun. As for a handgun, I would go with a .40. 180 grain jhp, as they are sub sonic. Less chance they will cause undo damage other then too the bad guy.

RJW

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Boone County
    The 25 will penetrate dry wall, but most penetration tests,show that it is not sufficient, if shot center of mass, to stop an assaillant. You are better off with a 380 and most agree that is a bare minimum. I have to agree that at shotgun is best home defense. #5 shot will do everything you need to do

Top Bottom