• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CLP and Hopps. Any one have a source to grab some kroil penetrating oil???? They use to carry it a ace hardware but the one by my house went outta business

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Primarily I use CLP. For my AR-5's I use Slip 2000.

I want to try Militech and Frog Juice.

Rem oil is just the worst IMO. I like to be able to see it shine, not trust that it is working while I hear my bone dry metal parts grinding together. I would only use Rem oil in climates where real oil would freeze or gather debris. As a last resort.

I've heard that using car oil is nuts, so I'm surprised so many people do it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone use Hoppes? Seems to be the standard offered at nearly all LGS. Is it inadequate? Is that the reason everyone is looking for something better?

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    Favorite oil

I use Ballistol on my military surplus firearms both wood and metal and CLP on modern hand guns and rifles. I think both of them are very good. I'm now trying some Birchwood Caseys RIG universal grease for long term storage and not sure what kind of a mess I will get into with that. It sort of makes me think of cosmoline.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've used TW25B, Weaponshield (still working with my free sample), CLP, UltimateLube, Slide Glide, RemOil and RIG. They all seem to work ok. Because of the spray can the CLP gets the most everyday use; the others come out when I feel its time to do a more thorough cleaning and lubrication.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Best is a matter of opinion. I use either Lucas gun oil or Weapon Shield. So far, both have worked out really well for me. On both pistols and my AR's. I know some people listed Rem Oil. I like to use it on my bore snakes when I clean my barrels. I do not like using to lube anything else though. It does not soak into the pores of the metal, and if you don't get it wiped up, it's gets everywhere. Especially when shooting an AR. I know from experience.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom