• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beehunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Yea I shot it with a .243 Savage Stryker Pistol, lol and yes its legal to hunt deer with in Indiana. Most hunters are not familiar with the Savage Pistol but I prefer it compared to the Encore pistols, its a tack driver and is actually more like using a rifle than a pistol. I plan on using it anywhere I have a chance to do some long distance shooting.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Yea I shot it with a .243 Savage Stryker Pistol, lol and yes its legal to hunt deer with in Indiana. Most hunters are not familiar with the Savage Pistol but I prefer it compared to the Encore pistols, its a tack driver and is actually more like using a rifle than a pistol. I plan on using it anywhere I have a chance to do some long distance shooting.

Sounds like an awesome handgun. I never heard of it and I will have to look into it. I have a Savage .22LR that I bought for my sons for target shooting and we really like the quality of the Savage. A.243 handgun would be nice. Now I got another gun to save my pennies for.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Personally I dislike the break, prefer to shoot it without it open.
    Don't like the looks of it either.
    Thing is so heavy I didn't really see the need for it in casual shooting.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    My bow is silent :) Just poking is all. Been a fun read as I love guns but not for hunting purposes. I'm a fan if I were to hunt with a gun of Muzzleloaders or the Savage 220.
    I am going to get into more primitive hunting at some point. No bows though! Probably just spears from wood, flint, and sinew. No atatls either. Too much of an advantage if you use an atlatl and its not sporting enough. Just poking back!

458 tromix lightweight upper shipped today!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The debate is not about rifles (we can use them).
    The cartridge spec limits might be debated again though.............

Running my Contender .35 Rem rifle again this yr, with cases trimmed to meet the spec.
    Might rebarrel my #1 to .35 Rem. That'd be cool even if they open up the cartridge list to more "standard" deer rifle rounds.
    Prices on old 760/7600 in .35 rem are silly.

Top Bottom