• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Looked briefly on their website... got conflicting info though. Maybe you can help.

Says it has a side switch, is that for on/off functions as well as modes or is it only for changing modes? It mentioned tactical tail switch as well so I was confused.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Looked briefly on their website... got conflicting info though. Maybe you can help.

Says it has a side switch, is that for on/off functions as well as modes or is it only for changing modes? It mentioned tactical tail switch as well so I was confused.

Tail switch for on/off.
    Side switch for modes.

It has "memory" so you can select the initial brightness level it will use when turned on.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Thrunite TN12 is very similar to the PD35, but a little cheaper. Amazon has it for 49 bucks. I carry the PD35 and it's been great.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    For something cheap and powerful, I got an open box QTL for $35. INGO coupon code takes another 10% off. QTL Gen 2 OPEN BOX

Surefire G2x is a solid choice, comes under $60 with the coupon. Surefire G2X Tactical Flashlight

The PD35 is still the best selling flashlight on the shelf. There is a video on our side so you can see how it works. Fenix PD35

PD22 gets the size and price down a little. Fenix PD22 Gen 2

FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I just got a ThruNite Archer 1A. Very happy with it. 180 lumens on 1 AA battery.

Wanted that hat battery given the wide availability when on the road etc.

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    Coast PX25 -very bright non adjustable spot is 208 lumens. Has back pressure switch for partial on or click and it stays on. Does not have modes like it sounds like you want, but it is like old mag lite. 3AAA runs great on Energizer rechargeable batteries so I always have 2 sets in rotation ready to go. $40 off the shelf at Home Depot or $30+ online. Coast makes some great stuff. I know they have models above and below the PX25 that have modes, that's just not my thing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I picked up this one the Quark Pro from LED Warehouse. I could barely be happier (memory would be nice).

It has variable modes, strobe and runs on 2 AA's (which was a key req. for me).

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I use a Klarus XT-11. It's a little bigger than your normal EDC light but at 810 lumens I'll take a little bulkiness. Runs anywhere from 60-80$.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Im also a faan of the klarus xt line. Imho they have the best edc/defense ui out there. I have the xt1a which is a single AA 150lumen, xt11 820lumen and it has a fatter head. I picked up the xt2c for the wife and I would say its the best compromise. It uses 2 cr123 or 1 rechargeable 18650. The head on it isnt faat like the xt11 and its almost as bright. Its a real flame thrower for a pocket light. Lots of sales this week

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

I love my G2 and couldn't tell you how many years I have had it. Still the original bulb in it! When I got it I threw all other lights I had in the garbage. Gets a lot of praise from friends when I bust it out. Puts out as much light as my old trigger fired spot light.

Would recommend it. I would love to upgrade mine to the newer version but the thing wont die.

Only complaint is it gets hot and batteries don't last long with extended use. For everyday stuff it is great when going afield use something larger and bring the G2 as a backup.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I just bought a Surefire G2X Tactical (single output) for $50 but the Pro is the same price. A Surefire with 320 Lumen for $50 is about as good as your gonna get in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom