• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Right this very instant???

Have money, need to buy.

Also looking for AK-74 mags (assume to stay away from Crapco and/or Promag...correct?)

Thanks,

-J-

ETA: non-corrosive ammo is a plus...

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Aim.
    Call about the mag resupply. They may not be too far from getting more. I don't have a clue on that.
    We bought 180 of the 74 mags a month ago, 3 cases.
    They are good mags.

Lots of places to get mags if you need them quick.
    Have you checked Copes?

Aim and Copes are my main go-to places.

ETA : The Russian corrosive that Aim and others have is the way to go.
    It's real military ammo and the price is right.
    Don't be afraid of it. Cleaning measures may seem drastic but it's no big deal. There's nothing wrong with taking a shower with your rifle (cold weather) or using a garden hose on it (warm weather). If you have an air compressor to blow dry the gun afterwards it's a big plus.

Last edited:

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    i get mine from natchez shooting supply. Tula 20 rds 60 grain jhp for $3.89. cheaper than dirt has 'em for $0.10 more. both sell the fmj for the same price.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Have to order 2 cans to get the best deal from Aim on the ammo. I saw it at the 1500 for about $145 a tin which is real close to what it costs from Aim if you buy two or more tins at a time.

Also Aim said they may not be getting any more surplus AK-74 mags in and if they do they will be $20 each. I would hit up the places selling them for $15 while you can. They were $13 each at the last 1500 from a couple of places. Not sure what they will be next time around. Centerfire systems and whatacountry are two other places I have seen them at online for a decent price. Dig around though because a lot of sites have the Russian plums for $20+ and the Bulgarian black for less.

My experience with the Promag is the rear lug is not to spec. After a little dremel work I had it locking up right but I never tried it. The mag does not have steel feed lips but does accept the stripper clip attachment.

Top Bottom