• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Well boys and girls its almost concert season. What's been your favorite that you've been to?

I can't really pick just one, but some of the better ones have been Red Hot Chili Peppers, Steve Miller Band (twice) The Police, The Spin Doctors, and The Meat Puppets. Steve Miller Band KILLS every year. They are great. Last year he played with Joe Cocker, and it was an amazing show.

Next?:dunno:

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Kid Rock puts on an outstanding live show and plays each instrument to include drums and turntable. I really enjoy Skynyrd every time I see them. Uncle Teddy also puts on a great high energy show. Can't pick a fave.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The two that stand out from last couple years are:

Marc Cohn @ the Music Mill. The show happened to fall on my wedding anniversary; my wife and I had a great time! Marc's performance was amazing, and he autographed some things for us after the show.

Metallica @ Conseco Fieldhouse. 5th row up from the floor; best seats we've ever had at any show, ever. And we were able to score those sweet seats thanks to a tip from an INGO member, who gave us the pre-order code so we could get our tickets online the day before everyone else! :ingo:

Melissa Ethridge...no kidding.

My wife and I went to see her at Deer Creek (pre-Verizon days), and I was blown away by how good the show was. Who knew?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Metallica and Godsmack @ Conseco was freaking awesome. but the 'tallica boys have sounded great each of the 10 or 12 times i've seen them. Page/Plant on both tours were excellent. The Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour sounded amazing. ACDC always puts on a decent (if not identical) show.

Eric Clapton on the Pilgrim tour ranks as the worst I have ever see.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    GREEN DAY

I've been a fan of theres since the beginning. I saw them in California before they hit it huge, and then i was at they're first concert in Indiana at the Pepsi Coluseum at the fair grounds. They are the most energetic and fan involved band ive ever seen. its truely a EXPERIENCE, not just a concert.

ONE EXAMPLE >>>> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLvBO_2Gn0[/ame]

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The Eagles. What Joe Walsh does with a guitar is amazing, but I think Don Henley is overall a more impressive musician- mostly bc he plays everything.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    although i think it was X-fest where the BLOODHOUND GANG asked for a whole bunch of naked chicks to come up on stage. that was pretty cool too. i was pretty drunk, it didnt start sucking till i got beaned in the head by a flying piece of sod.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    REO Speedwagon, Peter frampton, Pantera, Slayer....Journey was good too.

Now onto the shows none of you will know....

Rabbit in the Moon, Dara, Roy Davis Jr, Four4ths...etc etc.

I have only been to ONE bad concerts. I've been to hundreds of shows.

Going to Tom Petty in a few months! SO excited.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I saw Rush 4 times on their last tour, and it was absolutely incredible, would gladly drive cross country to see them any time, the older they get, the better. AC/Dc is another that has never disappointed over the years. Saw Pink Floyd years ago, and it was great also. Bachman Turner Overdrive was great, so was Cheap Trick. Next month I'm going to see Neil Young for the first time ever, he's the guy that inspired me to pick up a guitar the first time when I was a kid, so I'm thinkin that will be great also. But don't get me wrong, I've seen a lot of crappy ones too.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The best was Areosimth, Kid Rock and Run DMC before jam master jay was shot. When we got there there was a small stage with curtains up around it we got close to that. Half way through their set Areosmith came out to that stage the curtain dropped and the stage was set up like a old bar stage with an upright piano. They rocked all the classic tunes 10ft from us.

Papa Roach ALWAYS has a high energy show even if your not a fan go see them if you get a chance.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    How about the best "3" in order.
    God I am old as HELL!

The Who, Assembly Hall Bloomington, IN November 30, 1975

The Rolling Stones, Assembly Hall Bloomington, IN July 26, 1975

Bob Dylan & The Band, Assembly Hall Bloomington, IN February 3, 1974

edit: had to go look up the exact dates, memory is a bit fuzzy for some reason ;)

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Saw Rush and Pat Travers Band in 1978 in Tampa Fl., that show rocked!
    I saw Presto!, Roll the Bones, and Counterparts, and it seems like one more but I can't be sure. Every single one was killer beyond belief.

Billy Joel also puts on a good show (nothing like singing "Piano Man" with thousands of people), but it's a different thing, as you might imagine.

Top Bottom