• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I too have followed in your foot steps often buying your cast offs. I carried a shield gen 1 for five years bought here on Ingo. I always put it back in the safe while trying the new one, but after buying a shield plus 3.1 barrel and also a 4 in PC I sold the gen 1 and never regretted it. I rotate them both in daily carry depending on my shirt choice.
    I have to laugh, b/c the shirt choice makes a big difference on what I carry also.
    I've got everything from L, XL & 2X. :lmfao:
    I never throw a shirt away until I have to, haha!
    I keep them from new through painting or grass mowing. :ugh:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Most of us have dropped a lot of money trying to improve our shooting ability by buying a "better" gun when what we really needed was more practice. ...

I catch a fair amount of backlash from folks for recommending that anyone trying to pick their first carry gun should go with THE most popular carry pistol out there.

SO much of ergonomics and shootability of pistols is developed through usage. "The gun that fit's my hand," is simply a myth created by all the wannabie other manufacturers. "Fit's my hand," doesn't really matter when ALL pistols are new to you. Pick the proven design of the most prevalent pistol out there. Specialize later, when you have mastered that platform. :twocents:

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Not very original but I say carry the biggest gun w/ the most capacity you can stand to ACTUALLY carry regularly, if you shoot it reasonably well at typical combat distances.

I learned the hard way that "fits my hand" doesn't mean "I like the way it shoots". Now I'm much more reluctant to not shoot the exact model before I buy it. The Sig P365 fit my hand very nicely, about the same as my P938 carry gun. But when I rented one, I hated the P365's recoil impulse. Serious bummer but oh well.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Not very original but I say carry the biggest gun w/ the most capacity you can stand to ACTUALLY carry regularly, if you shoot it reasonably well at typical combat distances.

I learned the hard way that "fits my hand" doesn't mean "I like the way it shoots". Now I'm much more reluctant to not shoot the exact model before I buy it. The Sig P365 fit my hand very nicely, about the same as my P938 carry gun. But when I rented one, I hated the P365's recoil impulse. Serious bummer but oh well.
    I learned that lesson with the M&P 45c. It was exactly what I was looking for at the time and felt great in my hand but ended up being my least favorite gun I ever owned. I couldn’t get rid of that thing fast enough.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I loved my Sig 938 9mm, but every once in awhile, my thumb would hit the magazine release inadvertently.
    I even bought a different set of grips, but same thing, so I couldn't use it as a CC.
    Only time that's happened.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Had a G17 for a HD pistol as my first handgun. Tried and tried again but could never shoot that thing worth a darn. Moved on to CZ 75 SP-01 as my HD and never looked back. Carry a CZ 75 PCR (15+1) or sig p365 depending on what clothes I have on. Shoot both well and get each to the range at least once a month. Have a few other pistols but those are range fun guns.

I carry with Sig V-crown 124 gr and my HD has 19+1 124 + p gold dot

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Long long time EDC gun was a SW Model 60.

Moved to a SW Shield for awhile...then back to the 60.

Moved to a P938 briefly....then back to the 60.

Moved to P365 for a bit....than back to the 60.

Currently thinking about transitioning to a CZ 75 PCR...or back to the P365 for the capacity.

View attachment 212074
    I have not the longevity as you, but share the concept.
    I find myself gravitating back to guns I've had in the past & could have saved myself some time. :facepalm:
    However, I enjoy the journey.
    B/C of my love for revolvers, just the other day I bought a SW 642 like I had 5 yrs ago, just for the fun of it. :dunno:
    I've had every snubbie known to mankind & I don't "need" the 642 b/c I'm totally happy with the Ruger LCR & Taurus 856 in my rotation now.
    All three of these I've had a half dozen of each of their variations.
    I love my hobby. :ingo:

bmanguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2017
    Tippecanoe
    I've got a PPS, but shoot it terribly. It is disappointing, because largely it's a good pistol. I just don't like using it even though there is nothing wrong with it. Wavering between a P365x and the Shield+.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Picked up a Springfield hellcat yesterday
    Now my Glock 43X, M&P Shield will get competition for carry
    I also have a SIG P365Xl coming
    P7180016 (1).JPGP7180040.JPG
    Fits in many Shield holsters but need a proper Springfield Hellcat Holster
    I will find one soon- Today...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have not the longevity as you, but share the concept.
    I find myself gravitating back to guns I've had in the past & could have saved myself some time. :facepalm:
    However, I enjoy the journey.
    B/C of my love for revolvers, just the other day I bought a SW 642 like I had 5 yrs ago, just for the fun of it. :dunno:
    I've had every snubbie known to mankind & I don't "need" the 642 b/c I'm totally happy with the Ruger LCR & Taurus 856 in my rotation now.
    All three of these I've had a half dozen of each of their variations.I love my hobby. :ingo:
    I got hung up on Scandium J-framed revolvers from S&W a few years ago...
    Got a couple of them now...2 x 360J's and a model 340 enclosed DAO...in .357 magnum!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I currently carry my Beretta 92 FS, but I am trying to determine something a bit more compact.

But I hate strikers, and trigger safeties they just don’t work for me, but it seems most new models coming out have either trigger safeties or the silly flat trigger that feels completely unnatural to me.

I’m considering the Beretta PX4 at the moment, but have not tested one yet.

I also prefer a metal framed pistol which makes the decision even tougher.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I currently carry my Beretta 92 FS, but I am trying to determine something a bit more compact.

But I hate strikers, and trigger safeties they just don’t work for me, but it seems most new models coming out have either trigger safeties or the silly flat trigger that feels completely unnatural to me.

I’m considering the Beretta PX4 at the moment, but have not tested one yet.

I also prefer a metal framed pistol which makes the decision even tougher.

Let’s go shooting sometime and if not too big you can try my CZ 75 compact PCR

Top Bottom