• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'm sure it has been reviewed before but I'm sipping on some Rebel Yell and find it quite nice. Very nice smooth mouth with no burn whatsoever. I'll buy this again. $19.99@750ml.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We find ourselves swimming in Rye... Angel's Envy, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek... and one other that escapes me.

The Angel's Envy is ****ing excellent... made in Rum barrels... Oh so good.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We find ourselves swimming in Rye... Angel's Envy, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek... and one other that escapes me.

The Angel's Envy is ****ing excellent... made in Rum barrels... Oh so good.
    Angel's envy rye is awesome. When I finally found it they had it behind the counter and would only sell one bottle per customer. Lucky I had my wife with me that day ;)

I like the regular Angel's envy too but the Angel's envy rye is a real step up in flavor. And in price .. almost double the price

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My understanding is Blantons was always a limited production. It was glowingly reviewed in a national heavily trafficked blog and it has been difficult to get ever since.

M

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Angel's envy rye is awesome. When I finally found it they had it behind the counter and would only sell one bottle per customer. Lucky I had my wife with me that day ;)

I like the regular Angel's envy too but the Angel's envy rye is a real step up in flavor. And in price .. almost double the price

Yeah, it's quite good. Wife is really into Ryes lately... we picked up a bottle while we were on a distillery trip in KY last month.

She really likes it... and I've never seen it sold here in Indy... wonder if we'll be able to find another when we empty it...

My understanding is Blantons was always a limited production. It was glowingly reviewed in a national heavily trafficked blog and it has been difficult to get ever since.

M

Definitely hard to find. I guess I got lucky with my first bottle last year... This year I got one from our finance guy, big bourbon guy. Was disappointed that we couldn't get one at the Buffalo Trace distillery.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, it's quite good. Wife is really into Ryes lately... we picked up a bottle while we were on a distillery trip in KY last month.

She really likes it... and I've never seen it sold here in Indy... wonder if we'll be able to find another when we empty it...

Definitely hard to find. I guess I got lucky with my first bottle last year... This year I got one from our finance guy, big bourbon guy. Was disappointed that we couldn't get one at the Buffalo Trace distillery.

I saw Angel's Envy Rye on the shelf behind the counter at Eagle Creek Liquors yesterday.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have recently been drinking more old fashioned and sazerac cocktails. I have met a true professional bartender that has been behind the bar since he started as a bar back.

He uses Rye for the sazerac and brown sugar syrup for the old fashioned. I'm learning to duplicate at home

M

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The rain ruined my plans for cycling or shooting today, so we went out to Old55 for the $12 Groupon tour and tasting. This definitely fits the definition of "craft distiller": two men who grew up on a farm in Newtown, Indiana came back to start a distillery on their father's property. It looks from the outside like a large machine shed.

They grow their own corn and take the products all the way to bottling. The label is put on with a desktop labeler and bottles are signed by the family.

-We had a clear whiskey (pretty much a moonshine) which I'll admit was pretty smooth for that type of product.
    -Single barrel bourbon
    -The high end products: a sweet corn bourbon (sort of somewhere between a bourbon and a brandy IMO) and a really excellent single barrel uncut bourbon.

I enjoyed the visit. If you have a weekend afternoon to spare, I would recommend checking them out.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The rain ruined my plans for cycling or shooting today, so we went out to Old55 for the $12 Groupon tour and tasting. This definitely fits the definition of "craft distiller": two men who grew up on a farm in Newtown, Indiana came back to start a distillery on their father's property. It looks from the outside like a large machine shed.

They grow their own corn and take the products all the way to bottling. The label is put on with a desktop labeler and bottles are signed by the family.

-We had a clear whiskey (pretty much a moonshine) which I'll admit was pretty smooth for that type of product.
    -Single barrel bourbon
    -The high end products: a sweet corn bourbon (sort of somewhere between a bourbon and a brandy IMO) and a really excellent single barrel uncut bourbon.

I enjoyed the visit. If you have a weekend afternoon to spare, I would recommend checking them out.

Had not heard of them before but thank you for posting. They're not far from the farms we hunt and they have a 100% corn bourbon, I am most definitely going to be paying them a visit in the not too distant future.

Top Bottom