• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So, what is the absolute worst, :poop:iest whiskey ever???

My buddy and I have a deal. IF Gary Johnson wins, he will buy a bottle of Cristal Champaigne, a bottle of Jefferson Oceanus, and I will supply the absolute best cigars I can to celebrate.

IF Hillary Clinton wins, I will supply the absolute nastiest, most horrible cigars and will will just drink a nice bourbon.

IF Donald Trump wins, we will do very nice cigars and drink the most horrible, rot gut whiskey available.

So my hopeful question is - what is the worst drink out thar? And I don't mean polluting it, I mean straight out of the bottle NASTY!

Thanks (I think),

Doug

Some here like it, but I've really had a hard time liking Buffalo Trace. Regular old Jim Beam is right there with it for me.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

My buddy and I have a deal. IF Gary Johnson wins, he will buy a bottle of Cristal Champaigne, a bottle of Jefferson Oceanus, and I will supply the absolute best cigars I can to celebrate.

IF Hillary Clinton wins, I will supply the absolute nastiest, most horrible cigars and will will just drink a nice bourbon.

IF Donald Trump wins, we will do very nice cigars and drink the most horrible, rot gut whiskey available.

So my hopeful question is - what is the worst drink out thar? And I don't mean polluting it, I mean straight out of the bottle NASTY!

Thanks (I think),

Doug
    Old Crow has my vote.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Thanks (I think),

Doug
    So, what's in your glass?

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine

Thanks (I think),

Doug
    Old Grandad. Tastes like a dirty ashtray.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Bought the JB Double Oak for $19.99 last night. I really enjoyed it, especially at that price. It has a much deeper flavor without the added burn. Usually to get that flavor profile you have to go to a much higher proof/quality/price. It's not the best bourbon I've ever had but for $20 it may be a new "go to" for a quiet evening at home.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bought the JB Double Oak for $19.99 last night. I really enjoyed it, especially at that price. It has a much deeper flavor without the added burn. Usually to get that flavor profile you have to go to a much higher proof/quality/price. It's not the best bourbon I've ever had but for $20 it may be a new "go to" for a quiet evening at home.

I too was very surprised. Normally I don't buy very many under $50 bourbons or bourbons that are not limited runs but I did pick up a bottle of the Double Oak. Very nice bourbon for a very nice price!

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    124 pages of BOURBON TALK? Ugh.... that's too much to go through.

My favorite under $50 is Bookers. Amazing stuff but hard to find under $50 lately.

The BEAR WALLOW distillery in Nashville, Indiana makes a great Bourbon, too. I think they charge around $45 a bottle. Too steep IMO but good stuff. And it's a neat little operation they have there.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For the worst whiskey we both picked different ones, not knowing the other was getting a bottle.

He picked up a bottle of Seagrams 7, and I got a bottle of Ten High at $7.99. We tried a little of each in our celebration of the election outcome.

His won. While we both agreed that the Ten High was not a good whiskey, it beat the Seagrams hands down. That Seagrams was some nasty stuff. Now I have a bottle for marinating a nice steak without breaking the bank.

As to the Cigar I provided Macanudo Vintage Maduro Perefecto's. I love their smooth, mild taste although they are rated as mediums by Cigars International.

We sat around a fire tonight on his patio and enjoyed our nice cigars and our rancid whiskey. I am just ssssoooooo thankful that it wasn't reversed with nasty cigars and good bourbon.

So there you have a small review of the opposite end of the good stuff.

Regards and Happy Thanksgiving,

Doug

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

Never heard of it. Seems to be distilled and bottled in South Carolina by a company based in Florida.

Found 1 review, seems like it has very little flavor. Its young, under 2 years, most of those are pretty thin on flavor. Might be something you buy for the bottle but not for what is inside the bottle.

Review => https://www.reddit.com/r/bourbon/comments/2r9kpu/review_6_american_barrels_bourbon_whiskey/

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Pretty much what I was thinking. I don't need a knick-knack.

Generally speaking I have been disappointed by "young" bourbons. Aged under 2 years is typically a red flag. I've got a $49.95 bottle of St Augustine Bourbon that is claimed to age quicker because of the Florida heat. I say bull. It tastes young and disappointing. Other bottles I've tried that are young have also disappointed. The "American Barrels" claims to have some sort of gimmicky filtering process. I'm skeptical. Just like the companies that use mini-barrels and say it does something. Sorry but there is just no substitute for age. I'm not saying you need 8, 10, or 20 years but less than 2 is going to disappoint. 4 years is better. 4 to 8 years is probably the sweet spot for most. Over 8 and you can start to run into issues if it was stored in the wrong part of the warehouse, but some 10, 15 and 20 year olds are outstanding.

Top Bottom