EKFuEqBXkAEZkTB

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hey! LOL, how many are sticking to the spirit of this thread and staying under $50???

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Had some Kings County barrel strength straight bourbon tonight, at 122 proof its kinda hot but pretty tasty. On the rocks is just about perfect. It was $55 at my go to liqueur store.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hey! LOL, how many are sticking to the spirit of this thread and staying under $50???

Ok... Ok...

When the wife drags me on shopping expeditions, I refuse to come home without a bottle of something. Looking around in the Meijer liquor aisle on Saturday and saw a bottle that's just says, Beer Barrel Bourbon...

0061403610701_1_A1C1_1200.png

Upon inspection, it's a New Holland Brewing product. The bourbon is finished in the barrels they've previously used to make their Dragon's Milk imperial stout beer. I love me some Dragon's Milk, so I had to get it. And on sale for $25, it's well worth the price.

It's dark, very smooth, malty, and probably a little too sweet. I don't know if I've had anything I like more that I've paid less for.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    $119.99 for 10 year!

YIKES I really hate when retailers pump up the prices over retail.

I'm a free market guy, that said, not sure why the distilleries are not selling it at market prices. Why would a distiller do an msrp of $29.99 when it sells for $100 on the gray market? I should be able to go buy a bottle of Pappy today in Indy if I have the market value money, but can't because of allocation. The distribution system is controlled by the state government and doesn't work well for scarce items...

Top Bottom