• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello all! It seems like stock is flowing back into the shops again! I was wondering who in the Indy area has a decent selection currently. I'm in the market for mid range/price AR. I would rather support a good lgs but big box is fine too. I've looked at the Colt 6920, Sig M400 and the M&P online. I know there are a ton I other options and I'm not really wanting to build a kit. What have you seen and where? Thanks

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    Elmore's, southside. st rd 135 in the shopping plaza behind Mike's car wash. he has a whole wall full of ARs and not just cheap ones either.
    we just picked up a new Tavor there last week along with an mk 25 and a nickle boron glock 19. those guys pretty much deal in high end stuff for the most part.
    and, it is a gun club not a gun store, so you can smoke in there and more than once the owner has shared a shot of jack with me while smoking and shooting the ****.
    some people here do not go there for one reason or another but we have always had real good report and a good time and they make us feel comfortable and they have pretty good deals there.
    they will also try to get just about anything you want and they are a class III place with lots of different cans and things of that nature. plenty of accessories also. Johnson safe dealer as well.
    i am in no way working for them and do not have any vested interested in them, i just think they treat me and my family like we are welcome and worth being there.
    some other places we go just do not compare even though they have the same stuff.
    Russ and Jason are awesome in my opinion and always treat us very well.
    Elmore's Rocks!

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Beech grove firearms has 2 shelves full of AR's. Or go se the guys at U.S. Defense Solutions in greenwood and they will affordable build you anything you want to fit YOUR needs and not just push you into a sale like some other gunshops. Plus one of the owners is a veteran and actually has real knowledge of that platform!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Do your homework before you do your final decision as I found some of the local prices were kind of high, I don't mind paying a little more to support a LGS and get good service but some prices I seen were ridiculous. If you can't still find it locally there is a ton of good online retailers that have good prices and good service so if you know what you want let me know and I may be able to point you in the right direction.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Elmore's, southside. st rd 135 in the shopping plaza behind Mike's car wash. he has a whole wall full of ARs and not just cheap ones either.
    we just picked up a new Tavor there last week along with an mk 25 and a nickle boron glock 19. those guys pretty much deal in high end stuff for the most part.
    and, it is a gun club not a gun store, so you can smoke in there and more than once the owner has shared a shot of jack with me while smoking and shooting the ****.
    some people here do not go there for one reason or another but we have always had real good report and a good time and they make us feel comfortable and they have pretty good deals there.
    they will also try to get just about anything you want and they are a class III place with lots of different cans and things of that nature. plenty of accessories also. Johnson safe dealer as well.
    i am in no way working for them and do not have any vested interested in them, i just think they treat me and my family like we are welcome and worth being there.
    some other places we go just do not compare even though they have the same stuff.
    Russ and Jason are awesome in my opinion and always treat us very well.
    Elmore's Rocks!

+1 on Elmore's. When I travel up to Indy, I always stop there. Great selection of AR parts as well.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We currently have 30 different ARs from 15 different manufacturers on the racks right now, and a few more in back stock that we don't have room to put out. Prices range from $629.95 until you run out of money. :D

Come see us! :ar15:

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow, thanks for the info all! Sounds like stock is WAY better than I thought! Good to hear. Ill have to drop into the shops mentioned. I know the "which AR" question has been beaten to death. My online research led me to the Colt 6920 as it is roughly in my budget and seems to be fairly standard for the platform. What other brands/models are a must see if I'm considering the 6920? Thanks again all!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    . What other brands/models are a must see if I'm considering the 6920?

Windham Weaponry

Stag Arms

Rock River

Daniels Defense

Del-Ton

Palmetto State Armory

BCM

Ruger

S&W M&P

The list goes on and on. Pick one that has the features you think you want and go with it. The Colt will be an expensive piece up front but it will be a good rifle. If that is the one you want by all means get it and enjoy it. The best thing about an AR is you can change anything on it fairly easily and if you decide you don't like it down the road change it again.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    One very important thing to consider is will who ever you buy from going to back up their product if something goes wrong. Reputable LGS will back up their products and you are dealing FTF. Online, you got to think about paying shipping back to the dealer if they will take it back. Some online dealers want you to contact the maker about any problems. I deal with a LGS that will meet or beat online prices. Just shop around to find the price point you are willing to pay and find out what their return policy/warranty is. I prefer to buy local. JMHO

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    One very important thing to consider is will who ever you buy from going to back up their product if something goes wrong. Reputable LGS will back up their products and you are dealing FTF. Online, you got to think about paying shipping back to the dealer if they will take it back. Some online dealers want you to contact the maker about any problems. I deal with a LGS that will meet or beat online prices. Just shop around to find the price point you are willing to pay and find out what their return policy/warranty is. I prefer to buy local. JMHO

This applies to us :)

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This applies to us :)

^^^^ +1 for USDS. I bought a rifle with trade and they were willing to work with me on price. Will definitely call them if I am looking for something. I will also use them for FFL. I bought my AR from a different LGS (way before I knew USDS was around) and when I thought I had a problem, they were totally useless (well, perhaps the person I talked to was anyway). I got a great price for the gun but it was the great peeps here in INGO that solved my problem. And of course, there are some that just won't deal (or I guess it depends on who you talk to). I have already written them off my "buy" list. However, I wouldn't ignore retail since I am finding GM and Dick's having better prices and/or items in stock (I guess Dunham's too).

Top Bottom