• Which 380 do you think is the best

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I had a Bersa, Ok gun slide was very stiff for a small gun. Ran good accuracy was as good as my ability. Never shot one but I've handled some and really like the Beretta, so I would have to vote for it just because it's a beretta.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I have a Sig p232 and a Ruger LCP. Although I carry the LCP more, the Sig P232 is by far more accurate and easier to shoot gun. It's just a classic.

VIPER5051

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have 380 makarov that was a gift from my father. Heavier than others but i have never had any jams or anything. Also very accurate. Weight makes what little recoil it has seem like nothing

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I love my Sig P230 SL in .380

SigP230SL380.jpg

It's a very accurate gun.

Pretty too IMHO

:cool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I voted Sig 238. I've had one for around 2 years and love the thing more and more. I've also had a couple of Bersa 380s and have a PPK. The Bersa's are nice guns too, but I still have a love/hate relationship with the PPK. It cost almost as much as the 238, but came with half the quality. I thought that after around 500 rounds over 18 months, the PPK was good to go, but the last time I had it out, the same old issue popped up again. I've been running reloads through it, so there's a chance that it could be a bad round, but I run the same batch of reloads through my Bersa and 238 without issues. I may just relegate the PPK to safe/range queen and simply forget the idea of carrying it.

The Sig? That is simply one sweet gun.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    I am somewhat surprised to see so few voting for the diamondback. I have a keltec p3at and while it has cycled everything from reloads to steel cased crap to hot jhp's like corbon and such, it can deliver a bit of a sting with the hot stuff. My friend has a DB and I tend to shoot it everytime we go to the range. It isnt overly large and fits the pocket pistol bill well enough, but is just enough larger than my keltec to be more comfortable to shoot. His seems perfectly reliable, are most of them prone to failures extracting or chambering??

fireman28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    My wife and I really like her bersa thunder. It seems accurate and reliable. It has the crimson laser grip. It was the most comfortable fit of all the brands she tried.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    My bersa ran cheap Tula crap just fine with the exception of 2 ftf but they did not even fire on the second strike so it was the round. I have owned a bodyguard .380 and a lcp, IMHO the bersa is still a better choice if you take quality vs cost into account.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I went through a kel tec and a Diamondback before I finally settled on the Sig P238. The whole experiment cost me a few bucks, but I love the Sig in the summer. I'm a 1911 fan, and the Sig is like a 1911 that the headshrinkers got ahold of.

mconnery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Richmond, IN.
    I have had several 380s over the last several years, currently carry a LCP as a daily backup but a Keltec about anytime. A 380 is just that a 380, the arguement can be made for any number of make or model and of course caliber. I find myself keeping this in mind as far as this thread goes, "it is what it is", carry what you are comfortable with.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I went through a kel tec and a Diamondback before I finally settled on the Sig P238. The whole experiment cost me a few bucks, but I love the Sig in the summer. I'm a 1911 fan, and the Sig is like a 1911 that the headshrinkers got ahold of.

They not bad.....good attempt at the Colt Mustang,an' if ya put one o' those in yer hand/carry it.....prolly throw the 238 in a drawer someplace....Mustang's better balance'd....points better....feels like a mini 1911 in yer hand....my .:twocents:

Will say this.....if I did'n have the Colt....the 238'd be it.......:cool:

Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    So what 380 do you think is the best?
    I have a Sig P-238, great single action .380! However, I'd say if a person is not experienced with single actions or new to guns, go with a double action. I'd also suggest a pocket hoslter with this gun as well, vs just dropping it in your pocket. If the thumb safety was to get accidently swiped off in the pocket, it could led to AD. The beauty of this gun is the pocket carry...be careful!

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    I bought a PK380 for my wife, who had never shot a pistol before. After a couple of hours of instructions and range time she fell in love with it......don't come over while I'm not there....she's damn accurate with that thing...when I'm not CC'ing it she is. I like to use it for my summer CC, but now that the XD slim is coming out it may go into the safe.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have a Sig P-238, great single action .380! However, I'd say if a person is not experienced with single actions or new to guns, go with a double action. I'd also suggest a pocket hoslter with this gun as well, vs just dropping it in your pocket. If the thumb safety was to get accidently swiped off in the pocket, it could led to AD. The beauty of this gun is the pocket carry...be careful!

:dunno:

Yeah?.....should'n need it....my :twocents:......
    If it comes off that easy(safety....) then it ain't worth squat,much less what they cost.....:dunno:

I carry this Colt(Mustang) ever way imaginable....cock'd/lock'd...ALWAYS...
    in the waistband....in a coat pocket....in a vest pocket...whatever....ain't NEVER had the safety lever move on its own....EVER....prolly ought'a get yer Sig look'd at......

Ain't never need'd a holster for this thing.......

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    Some more love for the Bersa Thunder .380 here! Mine has been very reliable and a great shooter to boot. My only beef would be the external and magazine safties, which keep it from being perfect in my mind, but I've never shot another .380 that I like any better.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Some more love for the Bersa Thunder .380 here! Mine has been very reliable and a great shooter to boot. My only beef would be the external and magazine safties, which keep it from being perfect in my mind, but I've never shot another .380 that I like any better.

+1

The concealed carry model is nice :rockwoot:

PAPASHOT357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    NWI
    Kahr P380

My fiance (wife in two weeks)and I just got and broke in 2 380's (my step father is an awesome person for seeing 2 pocket pistols as the best wedding gift to give). Anyways she got the LCP (in pink and black) and i choose the Kahr (all black with night sights). Although I loved shooting both and they were both very reliable with everything we fed them during our first trip to the range I still prefer the Kahr's trigger over the LCP. Though she absolutely loves the LCP and was smiling the whole time at the range. She will be carrying hers in a Flashbang Holster, which is a pretty awesome option for a woman to use to carry, and I have mine in a Recluse Pocket Holster, and i love the way it holds the Kahr for easy access in the pocket.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Bersa thunder

How bout the thunder 380. Great little gun for the money conceals great. Simular to a walther ppk but about half the cost and a better trigger in my opinion love mine. And ill be looking into there bp9cc 9mm slim pistol as well

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yes...this is a great gun ...if i could do the poll over i would put this one u...the sig is winning as far as i can tell
    How bout the thunder 380. Great little gun for the money conceals great. Simular to a walther ppk but about half the cost and a better trigger in my opinion love mine. And ill be looking into there bp9cc 9mm slim pistol as well

Top Bottom