• Poll closed .

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    LCP

I had one of these but dont like to pocket carry without a safety...bought the bodyguard to replace but did not like the laser...i might try to pick up one used again thour
    I never had any interest in a .380 until I handled a Ruger LCP. Now that I own one, I carry that thing all the time. I'll admit that when I carried my Glock 23 I didn't carry it nearly as much as I should. The LCP is so easy to carry and easy to hide that I barely leave home without it. No malfunctions out of it yet either, so I voted LCP.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I love the feel of the pk380 but think its too big for a .380. The p238 is beautiful and feels great but for that money id get a larger caliber. I shot a kel tec p3at, about 100 rounds an had a few malfunctions but it didn't seem bad. I own an lcp and have had 0 problems so far and don't expect any. It's great for pocket carry and looks much better than the p3at even tho it's about the same gun. Lcp gets my vote.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I had a Colt Mustang and while I really liked the look of the "mini-1911" I didn't feel comfortable CC'ing with it. I never had a round chambered so if I needed it I would still have to rack the slide to be ready to fire. So, I sold it a few years ago. Turned around and bought a Ruger LCP when they first came out. Had to send the Ruger barrel back for a replacement due to a factory problem. Got the new barrel, did my own polishing and tuning and eventually ran about 600 rounds through it. Now I'm confident it will go bang if needed. I probably CC this little gun more than anything else because it is so concealable. I don't see myself in any big shootout but could imagine using it to get out of a tight spot or if I find myself in the middle of a convenience store stick-up.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have a Bersa Thunder 380.
    Totally reliable, accurate, will shoot almost anything
    without issue.
    They are also very reasonably priced.
    Not the easiest to carry maybe, but without a doubt, they
    are a best buy.
    Having said that, buy a 9mm. 380 ammo is so expensive.

My wife carries a bersa thunder cc. Neither of us are in love with it, but it is easy to shoot and reliable. It's a good looking pistol too, especially if you add wood grips. The Sig P238 gets my vote for #1 though...I like the trigger, sights, and looks of it the best.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prices are coming down somewhat

I have no use for a .380 at all. Would not bet my life on stopping an attacker with it and not even cheap to practice with.

As I stated earlier, buy a 9mm not a 380 because of the cost of the ammo.
    However, a Bersa Thunder with Corbon DPX ammo is formidable.
    Lateley, 380 ammo here in Ohio, is coming down in price. Magtech,
    Federal, PMC Bronze, Blazer Brass is going for $13.99 - $14.99 a box!
    This would compare of course, to 9mm at $10.99 - $11.99 a box.
    Still love my Bersa 380, but still tell newbies to buy a 9mm when
    asked.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    arent these very similar to the sig p230????
    I have never shot one of these but it came down to this one or the walther ppk/s to me from all i have read these are great...i like the action, accuracy, and reliability but for pocket carry I wanted a gun with a safety ...i might get one of these someday or the sig p238

Sig p232 is a little large for pocket carry, but I think it can be carried without concern even though it does not have a safety. It is DA/SA will a de-cocker. After the round is chambered, you click the de-cocker to safely drop the hammer. There is a round in the tube but the first trigger pull is going to be a revolved like DA trigger pull that has to move the hammer against the spring. It is a heavier trigger pull like a revolver, not like having a striker fired Glock in your pocket unprotected.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I should have put the Bersa up on the poll and combined the sigs as one vote...these two guns are so similar...it looks like the sig is the favorite amongst these guns if you consider how similar they are...my research yields that the only difference between them is the sighting system

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Honestly enough..... Bang for buck the Bersa Thunder 380 takes it for me. It's accurate, been nothing but reliable, and it was CHEAP. Single stack 7+1 rounder that doesn't kick more than a 5 year old girl.

But for me, 9x19mm Parabellum makes much more sense. Doesn't make sense to fire a potent, but still less as capable round for more cost.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My opinion on the diamondback is that it is terrible and it doesnt run...no personal experience but have watched a lot of video and read about a lot of problems
    I'm really happy with mine! Yeah, they had teething issues being a brand new company, but mine runs just fine. Only ammo I've had problems with is TulAmmo cheap crap...

Top Bottom