• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donavonmaxwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Does anyone have any experience with the Bersa Thunder?

Any Pros or Cons about this firearm?

I found one on sale for a pretty solid price.
    I own one and it is very accurate...for CC,load it with 90-95 gr. HP's and you will be good to go...Also,mine eats up all kinds of ammo...... A GREAT gun!!

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Great Pistol

Great pistol. There are better rounds than the 380, if for no other
    reason than the cost of the ammo.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I just picked up a duotone 380cc yesterday. Cleaned it and loaded it with some Speer Gold Dot and carried it. So far I love it. I will be shooting it this weekend. I bought it to replace a Ruger LCP. I wanted something a little bigger. I think the size is perfect. The ruger will be for sale soon. ;) I have a Thunder 9 UC Pro that I love so I figured I couldn't go wrong with another Bersa. They will multiply! lol

donavonmaxwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    I think the .380 is a good choice for someone new to shooting,yet they still want something with reasonable stopping power....my .Thunder .380 is for CC...I have a Charter Arms snub nose .38 Special loaded with 158 gr. HP's for my home protection.....5 rds. should be able to "stop" a B G if they kick in my door......

donavonmaxwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    I just picked up a duotone 380cc yesterday. Cleaned it and loaded it with some Speer Gold Dot and carried it. So far I love it. I will be shooting it this weekend. I bought it to replace a Ruger LCP. I wanted something a little bigger. I think the size is perfect. The ruger will be for sale soon. ;) I have a Thunder 9 UC Pro that I love so I figured I couldn't go wrong with another Bersa. They will multiply! lol
    I,too,love the Thunder .380....no problems with any ammo....

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I have a Thunder .380. I like it alot for CC. I have a Houston paddle holster that has good retention. The gun runs great with anything I feed it. You can remove the Mag disconnect by taking out 1 screw and spring if I remeber right.. It's not hard and still works great.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I have a few of them.... excellent guns and still one of my favorite shooters despite a number of other options.

The gun is extremely reliable.... I have shot well over 1,000 rounds through each of mine without any failures to feed or eject.

It is also very accurate... I can hit better with these pistols than anything else in the inventory.

Get one.... chances are you will not regret it.

donavonmaxwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    I really DO love my Bersa Thunder .380....I can CC it quite well....I load it with 9+1 95 gr. HP's and nobody knows I have it on me....they break down really quickly,very easy to do so,and they,at least mine,eats-up any kind of ammo.....AND priced very reasonably!

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Not that I need to add my :twocents: but I will anyway. Bersa makes great guns. I have owned a couple and the only reason I don't have them any more is because I got an itch to have something different and traded. A friend carries a Bersa .380 and has not problems at all.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I have had my 380CC for over two years now. And have been very pleased with it. Yesterday evening I placed some fresh ammo in the clip. Racked a round into the chamber. Did the decocker and the gun discharged. I was in out bedroom with the gun pointed down/away. The round went into the mattress which was probably a good thing rather than in another room in the house. I have used the decocker many, many times in the past with no issues. I have been small game hunting all my life. Never have had an incident with a firearm. This shook me up dam good. You really question yourself did I do something wrong. It's still bothering me today. I plan to look the gun over a bit more tonight (unloaded) . This weekend I am going to take it over to Blythe's in Valpo where I bought it and have them look it over.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I have had my 380CC for over two years now. And have been very pleased with it. Yesterday evening I placed some fresh ammo in the clip. Racked a round into the chamber. Did the decocker and the gun discharged. I was in out bedroom with the gun pointed down/away. The round went into the mattress which was probably a good thing rather than in another room in the house. I have used the decocker many, many times in the past with no issues. I have been small game hunting all my life. Never have had an incident with a firearm. This shook me up dam good. You really question yourself did I do something wrong. It's still bothering me today. I plan to look the gun over a bit more tonight (unloaded) . This weekend I am going to take it over to Blythe's in Valpo where I bought it and have them look it over.

This is terrifying. Especially after so many successful decockings. I'm glad to hear that nobody was hurt.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

:wow:

I'm glad to here no one is hurt, and I hope you didn't have a waterbed.

This is why having a sand barrel at home is so important.

Top Bottom