• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdaldo444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    I have a .40 px4 that I have only fired about 500 rounds through. I was cleaning the gun tonight and noticed a lot of wear on the bottom of the chamber end of the barrel. I hadn't noticed this before and was curious if anyone else that might have this gun has had this problem. A new barrel would cost me roughly $300 and figure that it may be to my advantage to sell the gun and buy something different. Any suggestions, or is this common in other guns too?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Is it wear or just "polishing" going on? Both my Beretta 92F and my PX4 .40 have spots on the barrel where the color is polished off but in spite of 1000s of rounds out of my 92F and 100s out of my PX4 there is nothing that I would consider wear showing.

But as noted, a couple of pics might help clarify.

mdaldo444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    I don't know how to post pictures in here. This was the first time using this site, so I'm not sure how to do much on here yet. I have showed the pictures to people at work who say it is normal wear from where the bullet is "ramped" into the chamber. Thanks. If I figure out how to post pictures though. I will post on this feed.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I don't know how to post pictures in here. This was the first time using this site, so I'm not sure how to do much on here yet. I have showed the pictures to people at work who say it is normal wear from where the bullet is "ramped" into the chamber. Thanks. If I figure out how to post pictures though. I will post on this feed.

THere's a sticky (permanent post) about posting pics somewhere - perhaps under FAQ or under the classifieds section.
    In short, you need to (1) upload the photos to an online photo server - I use photobucket, since it's free and easy. (2) copy the link to the ONLINE photo using the tools at the top of a text typing box, it's the yellow square, right of the font/format tools. The webpage will resize it for you accordingly. It's impotant to note that you CAN NOT simply cut and paste from your desktop to INGO, you need to save a copy of the image online somewhere, then link it from this online location to INGO.
    That should work.

happy hunting

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    More than likely you're just seeing the feed ramp. It's what guides the bullet into the chamber. It is bare metal and not blued like the rest of the barrel.

If you have wear that would be the first I've read about it on a PX4.

mdaldo444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    2yoepmr.jpg

mdaldo444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    I think that you are probably right about the feed ramp. I just don't recall it looking that worn in the past. That's wouldn't surprise me since I've owned the gun for 15 months and have only shot it a handful of times, so I haven't had it broke down except after I've shot it to clean it. Thanks for the input and let me know if this is what I should be seeing. Beretta emailed me back today and said that it was normal.

mdaldo444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks. I appreciate it. I grew up around guns but this is my first handgun and need to learn a lot more about them since I have finally got my wife to take a shooting class and she enjoyed it. Hopefully this means that I will get to do more shooting.

Top Bottom