• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I think you will find it pleasant to shoot, more so than a lot of guns it's size. So yes you can do an extended range session. I run 200 rnds through several times. The Nano is a little heavier and shoots nice, unlike say my PF9 that is great to carry but painful at the range.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I recently purchased a Beretta Nano and have only had the chance to fire it once. I probably fired 50 rounds through it. I was using 115 gr ball ammo.

I was actually amazed as how comfortable it is to shoot. It fires much "heavier" than it is. I'm not exactly sure why but whatever magic they did, works great. I'd say my DB380 .380 auto feels much "snappier" than this. If I showed you both separately you'd say the Nano is a LOT bigger than the DB380. But if you hold them side-by-side, the Nano is only a tiny bit bigger.

It takes down very easily and is simple to clean and re-assemble. Fit and finish are excellent.

They had black, green, and PINK! It's just not right making a gun in pink... Oh well, I'm sure it appeals to someone.

Mine came with two 6 rd magazines in the box. From the first shot it functioned perfectly. But then that's exactly what I'd expect from a Beretta:

Beretta+BU9+Nano.jpg

I really don't think you could go wrong with one of these.

Last edited:

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I also have small hands.. Really limits my choices in handguns... How about the NANO?

Sorry for all the questions, I can't find one locally to fondle.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I also have small hands.. Really limits my choices in handguns... How about the NANO?

I was over at Indiana Gun Club in Fortville (actually it's more like Fishers) and they had a bunch of Nanos in the case.

Indiana Gun Club :: Indianapolis IN, Guns

They have an online inventory list on their site and it shows they have several. They're really great folks there too...

miborovsky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011

The single stack design is great for that... I have a much better grip over it than with a subcompact Glock.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I've put between 100-200 rounds through my nano so far. It is actually comfortable to shoot. I do have larget hands and haven't noticed any issues.

On a side note, make sure you read the manual. The Nano doesn't like 115gr bullets...

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I've put between 100-200 rounds through my nano so far. It is actually comfortable to shoot. I do have larget hands and haven't noticed any issues.

On a side note, make sure you read the manual. The Nano doesn't like 115gr bullets...

I took my Nano to the range on Saturday and fired about 120 rounds. 100 of them were 115 gr. ball ammo. I no problems at all.

I wonder if yours might be a bit off.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I took my Nano to the range on Saturday and fired about 120 rounds. 100 of them were 115 gr. ball ammo. I no problems at all.

I wonder if yours might be a bit off.

It was walmart white box, so it could have been the ammo. The 124gr stuff I ran through it ran perfectly...

miborovsky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011

It is excellent for that purpose and is one of the main reasons I bought it. The single stack is of course great for that, and also the lack of finger grooves (which is one thing that I don't like about the Walther PPS because it throws off my grip since I don't have sausage fingers)

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana

I've only had experience with one Nano, it was my friend and regular shooting partner's. It was a nice little concealed carry piece, but it absolutely would not feed Federal Hydra Shok. He switched to Hornady Zombie Max and never had an issue.

I assumed it had to do with the steep angle of the feed ramp combined with the rather large hollow point opening on the bullet.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    I've had a Nano since late November. It has around 800 rounds through it. On a couple occasions I fired 200 rounds a range session without issue. I did add some Talon grips to it, and they improved the grip for me. The trigger also gets better with use. I like mine very much. One thing people say they don't like about the Nano is the lack of a slide lock.......not an issue for me. I don't use the slide lock to clear a jam....drop the mag, rack the slide, insert fresh mag.....bang. Hope this helps, it is a nice little gun.

rhkirk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Mine is one that doesn't like the 115s, especially the cheap Federal. Mine does however like the 147 Hydrashocks. It is a dream to carry

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    IIRC, the trigger on my second Nano does feel smoother than my first. I like the trigger--long, but smooth and safe. Not too heavy, minimal stacking, nice tactile reset. Completely appropriate considering the pistol's intended use.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just got my Nano. This is a very high quality piece. Cosmetically it is flawless but the trigger feels a little rough compared to tbhausen's. I detail stripped mine and straightened the trigger spring a bit (it is like an AR-15' s) but the feel is still a little gritty. Maybe some range time will smooth it out. I should have never sold my first Nano. After trying a few pistols this is the one I will carry the most and therefore be there if I need it.

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I think you will find it pleasant to shoot, more so than a lot of guns it's size. So yes you can do an extended range session. I run 200 rnds through several times. The Nano is a little heavier and shoots nice, unlike say my PF9 that is great to carry but painful at the range.

I don't find my PF9 to be too much worse than my g19. Smaller shorter barrel guns will tend to be more snappy, though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom