• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have been shooting a 92 in various versions for many years. Please tell me what issues I might have?
    If you are thinking about the couple of slides the government broke, be advised the ammo that they were using was a very highly overloaded round normally used in a machine gun and not a handgun.
    If you are thinking about the mag issues when our great troops took them into the sandbox, be advised that the company that made those mags did not make them to Beretta spec, and because of the rough finish inside the mag, they proved to be a problem. It was not the pistol.
    So using properly loaded ammo, and Beretta factory, MDS, or Mec-gar mags, what issues do I need to worry about.

Thanks. :)

To MarkM, the info provided by soljah777 is a great resource, and in truth, as you can see, only the markings and a very subtle difference in the frame differentiate the M9 from the 92FS. Both are very good pistols.

yeah i was aware of the sand issues, but that same issue happened with the factory mags state side too. also ive seen a lot of stove pipes. but hey what do i know?? throw my years of shooting them out the window i guess. im not in the mood for a pissing match today.

still a mostly reliable weapon that I would recomend. some im sure have never had a problem. also they fixed the issue that cause the slides to break. it wasnt just about ammo.

i want one for collection (i will shoot it too). but i would recomend dropping the $$ on a SIG 229 if you are gonna use it as a carry weapon. the SIG beat the M9 in Army testing

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Really fun gun to own and shoot. Not reliable enough for me to carry though... given the choice of other platforms. FWIW I would feel comfortable with mine for carry if it was all I had.

It's something I love having in my collection.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you can get the 96 do it, i just picked one up and love it! The ballistics on the 40 is better than the 9 in penetration tests too. Personally i would go with the 96 thats just my two cents!

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    "Go over to Premier Arms right there in Brownsburg. "
    I'm always in there I know that they have a 96 but I want the 9mm. And the only other ones I saw were the taurus knock offs.

I am going to guess by this statement that you know nothing about the Taurus version. You may want to look in to it. Especially if you are on a budget. They are built on the same tooling in Beretta's old factory in Brazil. They only thing they changed was the position of the safety, and IMO the Taurus safety is positioned in a more comfortable place.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What would you like to know? Sterling reliability, the only semi-auto I trust as much as a revolver. Accurate, good looking, a big gun. Some folks will say you can't conceal them, I've managed to do so lots and lots of times. Carried them for years as a duty weapon, and have owned and carried several privately throughout the years.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm looking into one for a primary carry gun. As for concealmeant I'm also looking for a 380 as a backup/CCW. As for the Taurus version I was thinking about the PT101 but then I remembered what my dad told me" if you're going to buy a gun buy a GOOD gun." At the time I was carrying a Rossi. As for all the stores I can't buy from one I'm only 19.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Personally my M9 while in Iraq and Afghanistan never left the arms room for a reason.. it never worked.. get rid of that nickeled plated pimp **** and get a Glock! Save you some money and get a much better pistol..

Last edited by a moderator:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Personally my M9 while in Iraq and Afghanistan never left the arms room for a reason.. it never worked.. get rid of that nickeled plated pimp **** and get a M&P! Save you some money and get a much better pistol..

there much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I carried a glock30 and I loved it. And mine wouldn't be nickel plated I hate the flashy pimp sh*t. I've just never owned a Beretta and wanted try something new.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I carried the M9 for 4 years in the Air Force and I bought the Beretta 92 FS Compact because I like the gun so much. I would still like to have an M9. Here is my Pistol. It was manufactured in 1988 in Italy. When I posted the picture on the Beretta Forum everyone was drooling over it. LOL!
    picture.php

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I've always wanted a Beretta 92 - just something about the look. Had a chance to buy one for next to nothing about 10 years ago, but had to pass (no money at the time). Wish I could have picked it up. Was a made in Italy one too. :/

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do not think you would regret buying either one. We carried them in the Coast Guard, and never had a failure. We could come back, weapons soaking wet. Field strip, clean, and oil them. They where good to go. I also own a Limited Ediditon 92FS. I do not shoot it a lot, but it will never leave my collection. I think it's one gun everyone should own. It's been used by our Military for 25 years, and at one time was used by many Police Departments. They are easy to maintain, reliable, and accurate. The only thing I do not care for is the grips. Hogue solved that, with a nice set of rubber finger groove grips. :rockwoot:

005.jpg

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm looking into one for a primary carry gun. As for concealmeant I'm also looking for a 380 as a backup/CCW. As for the Taurus version I was thinking about the PT101 but then I remembered what my dad told me" if you're going to buy a gun buy a GOOD gun." At the time I was carrying a Rossi. As for all the stores I can't buy from one I'm only 19.

Mark, according to Indiana law, your dad can buy the pistol for you and give it to you as a gift. The fact that you paid him $500 to mow his front yard doesn't figure into it. ;)

Top Bottom