• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm looking to buy one of these and I'm trying to get some info on them. I tried youtube and got nothing but ghetto thugs telling me about them not even doing safety checks, so I just quit watching those. And all the rest were little kids doing reviews of their Beretta airsoft pistols. So can anyone give me some solid info on these guns, or have a link to a video reveiw?

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Great pistol. Accurate, a little big and bulky but they are excellent to shoot and own.
    Very reliable as well.

Check out the Sig 226, Sig 228/9 and SP2022 as well.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    "Go over to Premier Arms right there in Brownsburg. "
    I'm always in there I know that they have a 96 but I want the 9mm. And the only other ones I saw were the taurus knock offs.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I know there is a Beretta Forum... Can't remember the address but I am sure searching for it via google should pop something up..

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    get a stamped M9. you might have some issues, but overall its the pistol chosen by our military for a reason. it works and takes a beating and will still work. yes it is HEAVY, but it makes up for it in reliability, accuracy, and durability in my opinion. plus it will be a collectors item. ive been wanting one and almost had one but the seller backed out of the deal on INGO the day of the sale, because it "was his friends gun" and he decided not to sell it. i hate the safety and never used it. mater of fact your trained not to use it.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am in the market myself for a Beretta. This video and info might help you with understanding the differences.

YouTube - Beretta M9 Vs. 92FS

From Beretta regarding the USA 92FS and Italian 92FS:

Quote:

All of the technical specifications are the same. All parts are interchangeable. There are no technical differences.
    The only exceptions on the Italian made 92FS’s are:
    Italian markings
    Barrel will usually be marked "9MM"
    Inox and .40 Cal. slides will have different markings on slide denoting Inox and .40 Cal./9mm.

Note that previously, it was thought that the barrel was cold hammer forged in the Italian versions, but that is NOT true. (PX4 and Cougar barrels are, however). Apparently, the barrel isn't always marked 9mm either.

The differences between the M9 and 92FS:
    • The M9 usually has a straight dustcover and non-radiused backstrap (Contract Pistols will always be straight/straight)
    • The 92FS (recent model) has a radiused backstrap and angled dustcover
    • M9 markings (including proof markings and cage # markings)
    • M9 lacks the warning to read owner's manual
    • The rear sight of the 92FS has 2 dots, whereas the M9 has a single half-moon
    • M9 (unless special or limited edition) comes in cardboard box, with no plastic hard case

Beretta has also released a m9 commercial recently. It is basically a 92fs(non-italian) without the warning information on the slide and it is marked m9. This is not the same as the Military version M9. Hope that helps.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    "Go over to Premier Arms right there in Brownsburg. "
    I'm always in there I know that they have a 96 but I want the 9mm. And the only other ones I saw were the taurus knock offs.

Bryce should be able to give you all the info you need and can find whatever you want. I've had a few Berettas. They always did what they were supposed to do and are good looking pistols. I think they are a little big and feel awkward to me. I much prefer the Sig 228/229 platform. They feel good, look good and I've never had a FTF, FTE or FTAnything with a Sig.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My other choice is a sig which to be honest is what I really want but its hard to find them in my price range. I tried to trade my body armor for a a guys sig and he didn't ever answer me back.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Like previously mentioned, your best source of information is "The Beretta Forum":

Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Here is The Beretta Forum FAQ:

Beretta Forum - FAQ

Also the search button will be your friend.

I have a 92G Centurion. It is a great gun. The only 9mm I own or feel the need to own. With a steel slide and aluminum frame, it is as heavy as any non-polymer gun (more or less)

A Picture of mine:

4229105625_169c6fc516_b.jpg

AJB

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My other choice is a sig which to be honest is what I really want but its hard to find them in my price range. I tried to trade my body armor for a a guys sig and he didn't ever answer me back.

I have found, the hard way, that if you really want something else to just wait a little longer and save a little more to get what you want. Sometimes a deal will come up and you'll be happier in the long run. Are you going to the 1500? There should be plenty of guns to compare there.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Beretta Forum: Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin

92fs' run and run and run.
    Yes, the safety also works as a decocker.

trigger can be a bit heavy (made to work in the worst conditions). A simple mainspring change makes a big difference, and some trigger work makes a huge difference.

very accurate (can pretty consistently hit an 8" plate at 75 yds w/ mine).

requires a couple of other small springs to be replaced any time you replace the recoil spring to keep it 100%.

Can be found rather inexpensively.
    Mags are cheap (only get factory or mecgar).

customer service experiences are hit or miss, but very few 92s ever have problems.

No real differences between the M9 and 92FS. Personally, I wouldn't waste the $ on the premium the M9s charge, since you are just paying for different roll marks (and the rear sight is slightly different).

I've put nearly a couple hundred thousand rounds through 92's.

the .40s (96fs) don't seem to be as durable, but for a defensive gun or plinker that'll only see a couple thousand rounds per year they are ok.

-rvb

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    get a stamped M9. you might have some issues, but overall its the pistol chosen by our military for a reason. it works and takes a beating and will still work. yes it is HEAVY, but it makes up for it in reliability, accuracy, and durability in my opinion. plus it will be a collectors item. ive been wanting one and almost had one but the seller backed out of the deal on INGO the day of the sale, because it "was his friends gun" and he decided not to sell it. i hate the safety and never used it. mater of fact your trained not to use it.

I have been shooting a 92 in various versions for many years. Please tell me what issues I might have?
    If you are thinking about the couple of slides the government broke, be advised the ammo that they were using was a very highly overloaded round normally used in a machine gun and not a handgun.
    If you are thinking about the mag issues when our great troops took them into the sandbox, be advised that the company that made those mags did not make them to Beretta spec, and because of the rough finish inside the mag, they proved to be a problem. It was not the pistol.
    So using properly loaded ammo, and Beretta factory, MDS, or Mec-gar mags, what issues do I need to worry about.

Thanks. :)

To MarkM, the info provided by soljah777 is a great resource, and in truth, as you can see, only the markings and a very subtle difference in the frame differentiate the M9 from the 92FS. Both are very good pistols.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I owned one and sold it to my brother. Nothing wrong with it, just never fit me just right. The open top slide always threw the empty brass down my shirt collar. Ouch.

Top Bottom