• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    All they need is name and DOB to look up the DL which they can get by running the plate, right? Assuming the driver is the registered owner.

Frank covered it. DL is listed on the screen, DOB is not. An officer would be doing too much work to run the license plate to get a DL number to see if you have a LTCH just to pull you over to find out if you're carrying. It would be dumb to assume that officer's actually care that much if someone who does or does not have a LTCH is or isn't carrying. Frank, next time you're slow like the other night, I found something you can do. Lmao!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank covered it. DL is listed on the screen, DOB is not. An officer would be doing too much work to run the license plate to get a DL number to see if you have a LTCH just to pull you over to find out if you're carrying. It would be dumb to assume that officer's actually care that much if someone who does or does not have a LTCH is or isn't carrying. Frank, next time you're slow like the other night, I found something you can do. Lmao!

Thanks for the suggestion! :yesway:

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    <snip> ... If they stop you and ask if you're carrying, ask what you've done to warrant being stopped first.

Yip, this should always be first thing out of your mouth. Downside is, probably cause can be easy to "create" by LEO's. I run a non-profit supporting foster parents, we had the drug task force come for a talk on spotting drug stuff with the children we care for. They can pull you over for such menial crap now.....YET ANOTHER liberty taken away via do-gooder legislation. "crossing the centerline" especially on streets without any painted lines seems to be a common means. I am starting to believe we are all seen as guilty until proven innocent. As I understand, we need only be charged with a crime to have the LTCH revoked administratively.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yip, this should always be first thing out of your mouth. Downside is, probably cause can be easy to "create" by LEO's. I run a non-profit supporting foster parents, we had the drug task force come for a talk on spotting drug stuff with the children we care for. They can pull you over for such menial crap now.....YET ANOTHER liberty taken away via do-gooder legislation. "crossing the centerline" especially on streets without any painted lines seems to be a common means. I am starting to believe we are all seen as guilty until proven innocent. As I understand, we need only be charged with a crime to have the LTCH revoked administratively.

Based on the experiences of some INGO members, you would be correct..

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I am starting to believe we are all seen as guilty until proven innocent. As I understand, we need only be charged with a crime to have the LTCH revoked administratively.

That's because the only power government has is to punish criminals. The more criminals they can make, the more power they have.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I thought if an LTCH is presented to an officer that was supposed to stop all questioning concerning the firearm? Wouldn't that mean seizing the firearm and running the numbers would be a no no based on that ruling alone?

I'd like to know the answer to that.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

You missed the entire point of my post apparently. Officers will typically, from my experience, ask if you know why they stopped you then tell you if you don't know. If they walk up to your car and say "Good evening, are you carrying a firearm?" Then I recommend asking what you were stopped for.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Having been stopped several times for minor infractions, speeding, no seat belt and being a retired police officer I have in both cases never provided my shield to try to get some type of extra treatment. Both times I provided my drivers license, insurance papers and also CCP. Asked where my firearm was and that was the end of that! In both cases the different officers thanked me for informing of the firearm in the car and was given just a warning. The one officer asked what I was carring and when told a Semmerling 45 he had no idea what it was and asked if he could see it. After watching him gaze upon my beauty and ask more about it he went back to his squad car only to bring me back a had full of there issued Federal 45 ammo and told me to try it out next time I was a the shooting range. Was suppose to be some hot stuff for a 45. I then presented my shield and told him I was a retired man in blue. "Well you should have let me know and I would have not held you so long!" Badge or no badge we should all be treated the same way with respect.. Thanks... mike

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Yes. I understand that my point may appear to be pretentious or marginally melodramatic, but I wish to make the point that too many equate having a right where one doesn't exist.

You have rights. Your position in government does not.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I know someone is going to say don't do anything to get stopped. But what happens if they randomly run your plate and stop you to see if you are carrying. << Which again i dont think thats legal.

So how would that work exactly? They scan your plate and see that you have a carry license...then stop you to see if you're carrying? What would be the point of stopping someone who has an LTCH?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Our good elected officials would do better by already purchasing such necessary equipment, rather than allocating monies for the stupid things they already fund.

I agree, but good luck with that. Mayor Ballard won't free up money for police or fire recruit classes but gave another $10mil to the Pacers.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I agree, but good luck with that. Mayor Ballard won't free up money for police or fire recruit classes but gave another $10mil to the Pacers.

Pacers bring in money. You sir need to stop complaining and write more tickets. Get that revenue for the city.

**Note: Frank knows I am messing with him. Or am I? :dunno:

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Indiana State Police will disarm you during a traffic stop, do a search on this website. Its very common and happens ALL THE TIME.

Are they supposed to do that? Up to you to decide how far you want to push it, and how much money you want to spend to retain GUY to make some noise.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Pacers bring in money. You sir need to stop complaining and write more tickets. Get that revenue for the city.

I bet the Pacers don't bring in more than what is spent upon them by the city.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

They bring in money for themselves and their owners. Funny how someone can play a game and make millions but if I bring in revenue for the city I'm the *******.

Top Bottom