grill2bf4.jpg

That looks like the aftermath of a date with The Silver Surfer. :facepalm:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    True tat story from the depths of Tippecanoe Superior Court 6.

Our hero, who can read some Chinese, sees young shoe model with the Chinese radical (character) on her foot. Our hero asks:

"Do you know what that means?"

Shoe Model: "It springs peace and harmony."

Our Hero: "Ummm, no, it is the Chinese character for male which means strength in the fields."

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Thought state requires you to inform a LEO on a traffic stop.

In Michigan, yes, in Ohio yes, in Indiana, No. Although if they have asked you to step out of the vehicle, it might be a good idea to inform them... just sayin...
    (Oh and after you step out of the car, lock the door behind you) Can they detain you, yes, but only under Reasonable Suspicion and a gun doesn't do that. Once the LTCH is shown, without other RS, discussion about the firearm ceases. Your next phrase to be kept in your head is... Am I free to go? Am I being detained?
    -
    And if they want to disarm you, You can say "Officer I feel the safest place for both of us is for my firearm to stay holstered where it is, but if you insist on disarming me without cause, I will refuse to accept my wrongfully confiscated property back in return, until such time as I receive it back at your station after a discussion with your Chief/supervisor.)
    -
    Yes they will look at you strange but if they understand and follow the law they likely will think about it...

AIAAL, IANYL YMMV

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I think I will start stopping random vehicles to see if the driver is carrying. If they are, I will congratulate them and pat them on the back for doing their part to support the 2nd Amendment. If they aren't, I will chastise them mercilessly to the point that they will want to immediately buy a gun, just to get me to leave them alone.

CLASSIC FRANK.... I have a ISP friend that I am going to pass this on to ...
    Chastise them Mercilessly for NOT carrying... You are my JBT Hero !!!
    (Ok I know you are just looking to be an attention whore, but I like it anyway!)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    In Michigan, yes, in Ohio yes, in Indiana, No. Although if they have asked you to step out of the vehicle, it might be a good idea to inform them... just sayin...
    (Oh and after you step out of the car, lock the door behind you) Can they detain you, yes, but only under Reasonable Suspicion and a gun doesn't do that. Once the LTCH is shown, without other RS, discussion about the firearm ceases. Your next phrase to be kept in your head is... Am I free to go? Am I being detained?
    -
    And if they want to disarm you, You can say "Officer I feel the safest place for both of us is for my firearm to stay holstered where it is, but if you insist on disarming me without cause, I will refuse to accept my wrongfully confiscated property back in return, until such time as I receive it back at your station after a discussion with your Chief/supervisor.)
    -
    Yes they will look at you strange but if they understand and follow the law they likely will think about it...

AIAAL, IANYL YMMV

Oh boy :rolleyes:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    All sorts of fun when you leave your keys in the ignition and they have to go to THEIR TRUNK and get their lock kit to open your door!!! It just humors the hell out of them! :laugh:

Sorry, I am assuming you have a car that either requires the key to lock the door, or a key fob, in which case the keys are in your hand, not the ignition.
    Geesh... split the hairs people... the point is not consenting to the search without Prob Cause... I am assuming you are intelligent enough not to leave your keys in the ignition and then locking the door...

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    Welcome to INGO. Only 48 more quality posts and you can be an internet badass who can use the classifieds.

why so harsh? i enjoyed his post. at least he didn't post a 2 word response. Oh I forgot...all you JBT's hate when you get called out. BAM!

Just kidding Frank. I enjoy your posts too. Just thought you swung the hammer a little to soon on the guy.

Chachi

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    why so harsh? i enjoyed his post. at least he didn't post a 2 word response. Oh I forgot...all you JBT's hate when you get called out. BAM!

Just kidding Frank. I enjoy your posts too. Just thought you swung the hammer a little to soon on the guy.

Chachi

If he's already talking **** in his 2nd post, I'm not going to treat him with kid gloves. I may be sarcastic but I try to be at least somewhat respectable with people, but stuff like that will get a similar response every time.

civilshoot582

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have only been pulled over once while carrying concealed and it turned out to be a positive experience. Was not harassed by the officer or anything after presenting my LTCH and informing them about the concealed gun. It actually turned into a little chat about guns. Hopefully the majority of LEOs in the state have the same mindset about respectful citizens carrying.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have only been pulled over once while carrying concealed and it turned out to be a positive experience. Was not harassed by the officer or anything after presenting my LTCH and informing them about the concealed gun. It actually turned into a little chat about guns. Hopefully the majority of LEOs in the state have the same mindset about respectful citizens carrying.

Don't count on it! I know from experience that that some of them HATE the fact that we are allowed to carry at all!
    I also know from experience that some respect us as we respect them!!!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    -
    -

AIAAL, IANYL YMMV

Hmmm, let me know how that works out for you. See if you refuse to take it back here in Indy, we have to take it to the property room. Then it has to got through our firearms unit for release and that takes 6 months or so before you can get it back. You have to get finger printed and everything. It's a messy affair. Not saying I agree with it or that I grab guns on traffic stops, but some officers here do and our process it written by people that far outrank me.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Hmmm, let me know how that works out for you. See if you refuse to take it back here in Indy, we have to take it to the property room. Then it has to got through our firearms unit for release and that takes 6 months or so before you can get it back. You have to get finger printed and everything. It's a messy affair. Not saying I agree with it or that I grab guns on traffic stops, but some officers here do and our process it written by people that far outrank me.
    So you are saying you work for idiots that do not care what the law is and think less of us that are not LEO?

Top Bottom