• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) Indiana does not require us to inform an officer if we are carrying
    B) They likely already know, since the State has been tying LTCH info to BMV info more and more
    C) The courts have long upheld that an officer can disarm you for "officer safety". So, as long as they feel safe, there is no cause for them to disarm you. See "A" above.
    D) The courts have also noted that presentation (or now validation) of your LTCH should stop all further questions about your legally carried handgun. See "B" above.

So, for a common traffic stop, there really isn't any reason for anyone to mention a firearm. Give the LEO a REASON, and all bets are off.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    .......Once a LTCH is presented all discussion of the firearm stops.

If they take the firearm from you I.E disarm they are supposed to keep it and explain to the judge over you I.E. where you live why they thought you were a danger and took your weapon

More bad advice. The statement doesn't qualify a criminal investigation.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I know someone is going to say don't do anything to get stopped. But what happens if they randomly run your plate and stop you to see if you are carrying. << Which again i dont think thats legal.

Oh, but you can avoid this too! You see, the gold fringe on the flags in US court rooms indicates that the court is convened under the Code of Naval Regulations. Since you as a Natural Person are not subject to such code feel free to print up your own license plate and driver's license under your sovereign authority. Now they can't run your plate! Problem solved. :rockwoot:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I know someone is going to say don't do anything to get stopped. But what happens if they randomly run your plate and stop you to see if you are carrying. << Which again i dont think thats legal.

And EXACTLY what are they going to do if on that day you decide NOT to carry like about 90% (my guess) of those that have a license?

Are they going to do a roadside TSA body cavity search on you and dismantle your vehicle looking for it? :laugh:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If i was pulled over in my car. They are supposed to dis arm you!! yes or no

Ok but see they ask you to put you're hands on the steering wheel and reach in and grab it, or they tell you to step out of the vehicle.

Thought state requires you to inform a LEO on a traffic stop.

Are you sending these posts from a phone while being pulled over?

PS - The question mark is your friend.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Most of us JBTs have better things to than run random plates and stop random vehicles to see if the driver is carrying. I have personally never done it and don't know of any officer on my shift that has either. Sure it could happen, but the frequency of it happening is pretty low.

You've given me an idea though. I think I will start stopping random vehicles to see if the driver is carrying. If they are, I will congratulate them and pat them on the back for doing their part to support the 2nd Amendment. If they aren't, I will chastise them mercilessly to the point that they will want to immediately buy a gun, just to get me to leave them alone.

Frank, your jackboots are on backwards again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You've given me an idea though. I think I will start stopping random vehicles to see if the driver is carrying. If they are, I will congratulate them and pat them on the back for doing their part to support the 2nd Amendment.

Will you give them cookies too?

Bignasty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I'v been pulled over several times while carrying. All times i was in the wrong i.e speeding or no seatbelt. If I have the gun on my hip right by where i have to pull out my wallet I inform the officer I have my CCW and i do have my pistol on me which results in "go ahead and step out of the vehical sir." then they ask where its at and they disarm me until they're done. One cop refered to my yugo m57 as a commie gun I replyed "nice nazi glock" which he didn't think was as funny as I did lol. usually they ask me why I carry and I give a simple "it's my right" I try not to rock the boat to much because Its been quick painless process so far thats basically my fault. Don't let them walk all over you or BS you about you'r rights but I'm not gonna get tased by some pansy with a badge and a hard on to be super cop that wants to show how tough he is.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'v been pulled over several times while carrying. All times i was in the wrong i.e speeding or no seatbelt. If I have the gun on my hip right by where i have to pull out my wallet I inform the officer I have my CCW and i do have my pistol on me which results in "go ahead and step out of the vehical sir." then they ask where its at and they disarm me until they're done. One cop refered to my yugo m57 as a commie gun I replyed "nice nazi glock" which he didn't think was as funny as I did lol. usually they ask me why I carry and I give a simple "it's my right" I try not to rock the boat to much because Its been quick painless process so far thats basically my fault. Don't let them walk all over you or BS you about you'r rights but I'm not gonna get tased by some pansy with a badge and a hard on to be super cop that wants to show how tough he is.

Welcome to INGO. Only 48 more quality posts and you can be an internet badass who can use the classifieds.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

I love eating at McAllister's too!!!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You need to say that with more feeling or else no one will take you seriously.
    image.png

Better?

You'd probably take me more seriously if you saw my new tat...

ph-worst-hair-aug-15.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom