• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hear a lot from the "don't do anything about it crowd". I call them that because everything that anyone has tried they have a problem with...and not much for alternatives.

If you don't favor vaccines, social distancing, business limits (we don't have a lock down here) and masks. What do you favor...anything? I'm sure not every good idea has been tried.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I hear a lot from the "don't do anything about it crowd". I call them that because everything that anyone has tried they have a problem with...and not much for alternatives.

If you don't favor vaccines, social distancing, business limits (we don't have a lock down here) and masks. What do you favor...anything? I'm sure not every good idea has been tried.

I have since March started a vitamin regiment, get 8+ hours sleep most nights, try to eat better, slowly lost 10 lbs. and have achieved a good healthy weight. I'm still hit or miss on exercise but my wife keeps me active with home projects I've put off for years. I wear a mash when I should to satisfy the Karens and social distance as much as possible. I really don't know what to do. :dunno:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

I'd have to say it's pretty evident to this point that none of these things have been effective. I personally believe that its gonna run its course and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.
    I'm just gonna keep on going about living my life like I always have and let the cards fall where they may

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You can only know that a measure did not work if you can compare no measures versus the measures that were tried. There is no such data set.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You can only know that a measure did not work if you can compare no measures versus the measures that were tried. There is no such data set.

What about the situation where measures were tried and the virus still spread? That seems like a direct indicator that the measure did not work, at least not with 100% effectiveness.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

I remember 15 days to slow the spread. Then we added "social distancing " and masks. Pretty obvious with climbing numbers that are even higher than when all this crap started, before mask mandates, that it's not effective. I really dont need some study, that will cost millions if not more of taxpayer money, to tell me that. Plus there's already been studies showing that those that wear the mask v/s those that dont shows negligible difference in who is going to get it

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep, the the mistaken narrative that the virus is spread because of non-compliance to mask mandates is continually proven wrong. Hardly any noncompliance anywhere now, yet the virus numbers continue up.

Sure is looking like this mask/social distance/lockdown debacle is just that.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yeah - just joshing you a little.

I suspect my pistol is about as effective as other pistols of the same caliber.
    I also suspect my mask is about as effective as other masks of similar quality.

How are these related again?

ETA - Pistol calibers are not great at rapidly stopping threats. Sometimes it takes police a whole magazine or two to [strike]hit[/strike] stop a threat. My barrel is a little shorter than most duty pistols so I would not expect great stopping power either.
    When I want to go in someplace bad enough to wear their mandatory mask I wear a P100 respirator that seals well to my face which is supposed to be pretty effective. If I wore a face rag I would expect much less effectiveness.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have since March started a vitamin regiment, get 8+ hours sleep most nights, try to eat better, slowly lost 10 lbs. and have achieved a good healthy weight. I'm still hit or miss on exercise but my wife keeps me active with home projects I've put off for years. I wear a mash when I should to satisfy the Karens and social distance as much as possible. I really don't know what to do. :dunno:

You have more patience than I do. If Karen wants to interfere with my ability to breathe, her ability to breathe can be addressed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom