Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

@jsharmon7 another conspiracy theory pretty well proven…
    Still not proven.

Here are the emails the article is discussing:

Emails

Farzan believes it was lab created. It’s possible it was natural, but highly unlikely. Leaning 70/30 or 60/40 for lab.

Bob (Garry) says he finds it very unlikely it came from nature.

Rambaut says he is “agnostic” on the topic. He admits no lab experience but only sees the furin cleavage site as unusual. He thinks info about the origin is missing.

Fouchier says a non-natural origin seems “highly unlikely.” He also says accusations that it was made in a lab need to be based on a very high degree of data in order to avoid distracting scientists from doing other work. Seems like he’s saying if they’re going to go with the lab theory, they better be really sure.

Farrar says “Eddie Holmes” is 60/40 lab, and he is 50/50. Later mentions Eddie Holmes is against the engineering theory. Is he against it because he doesn’t believe it, or against publicly supporting it? He’s later listed as the first author on their “nature origin” argument, which generally means he was the main contributor.

Holmes, Farrar, Andersen, Rambaut and others then write this argument that the virus seems natural:

Natural

The emails then discuss that the lab “conspiracy” is gaining traction and may damage the good work other labs are doing. Fauci seems to want to publicize this alternate theory to avoid that. Maybe a coverup, and maybe a legitimate attempt to show there is another explanation and not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Definitely sketchy, either way.

So, I summarized all that to say this: does that sound “proven” at all? Seems like most are leaning toward lab, and some have doubt. That’s not my idea of “case closed.”

Speaking of “case closed,” the article you linked has a quote from Matt Ridley, who was the co-author of a book arguing the lab leak theory. The other author was Dr. Alina Chan, who studied at MIT and Harvard. Dr. Chan firmly believes the lab theory and has endured death threats and potential damage to her academic career over her belief. So what did she have to say about whether it’s a proven theory?

“But, Chan emphasized, scant information has been released — and that makes it impossible to be totally certain one way or the other: “Some news sources said that I found lab evidence. That is not true. If I had done that, it would be ‘case closed.’”

Chan

So it seems more likely it was made in a lab, but I wouldn’t say it’s “proven” at all.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Still not proven.

Here are the emails the article is discussing:

Emails

Farzan believes it was lab created. It’s possible it was natural, but highly unlikely. Leaning 70/30 or 60/40 for lab.

Bob (Garry) says he finds it very unlikely it came from nature.

Rambaut says he is “agnostic” on the topic. He admits no lab experience but only sees the furin cleavage site as unusual. He thinks info about the origin is missing.

Fouchier says a non-natural origin seems “highly unlikely.” He also says accusations that it was made in a lab need to be based on a very high degree of data in order to avoid distracting scientists from doing other work. Seems like he’s saying if they’re going to go with the lab theory, they better be really sure.

Farrar says “Eddie Holmes” is 60/40 lab, and he is 50/50. Later mentions Eddie Holmes is against the engineering theory. Is he against it because he doesn’t believe it, or against publicly supporting it? He’s later listed as the first author on their “nature origin” argument, which generally means he was the main contributor.

Holmes, Farrar, Andersen, Rambaut and others then write this argument that the virus seems natural:

Natural

The emails then discuss that the lab “conspiracy” is gaining traction and may damage the good work other labs are doing. Fauci seems to want to publicize this alternate theory to avoid that. Maybe a coverup, and maybe a legitimate attempt to show there is another explanation and not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Definitely sketchy, either way.

So, I summarized all that to say this: does that sound “proven” at all? Seems like most are leaning toward lab, and some have doubt. That’s not my idea of “case closed.”

Speaking of “case closed,” the article you linked has a quote from Matt Ridley, who was the co-author of a book arguing the lab leak theory. The other author was Dr. Alina Chan, who studied at MIT and Harvard. Dr. Chan firmly believes the lab theory and has endured death threats and potential damage to her academic career over her belief. So what did she have to say about whether it’s a proven theory?

“But, Chan emphasized, scant information has been released — and that makes it impossible to be totally certain one way or the other: “Some news sources said that I found lab evidence. That is not true. If I had done that, it would be ‘case closed.’”

Chan

So it seems more likely it was made in a lab, but I wouldn’t say it’s “proven” at all.
    Good enough for me, I clearly don’t have your standards. Standards that allow corruption to proliferate because it is so difficult to meet them. This is not a murder trial that the standard needs to be beyond a reasonable doubt, this is preponderance of the evidence and maybe lower.

This information certainly deserves a deep investigation by the FBI, CIA, and DOJ but they are part of the corruption…

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Good enough for me, I clearly don’t have your standards. Standards that allow corruption to proliferate because it is so difficult to meet them. This is not a murder trial that the standard needs to be beyond a reasonable doubt, this is preponderance of the evidence and maybe lower.

This information certainly deserves a deep investigation by the FBI, CIA, and DOJ but they are part of the corruption…
    When one of the strongest proponents of the lab leak theory states in no uncertain terms there is no solid evidence, it seems like we’re going to have to drop our standards pretty low to conclude it’s “proven.” And for the record, I still agree with the lab theory, but not to any degree of certainty. I’m just not willing to make unreasonable claims to say I was right about it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, what is the proof for the wet market theory? Can any of them say those scientists point to any 'solid' evidence for that?

They can't 'prove' anything because they are only allowed to have the data the ChiComs are willing to give them

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So, what is the proof for the wet market theory? Can any of them say those scientists point to any 'solid' evidence for that?

They can't 'prove' anything because they are only allowed to have the data the ChiComs are willing to give them
    I don’t think there is any proof of that either. Take your pick and you’ll find someone with a fancy title who agrees with you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don’t think there is any proof of that either. Take your pick and you’ll find someone with a fancy title who agrees with you.
    So, do you just sit back and say 'There is no proof of anything' and when you 'act accordingly' you don't act at all?

Like everything else about this descent into madness, you have to decide what you believe - there likely will never be any proof, they have had too long to cover up

Circumstantial evidence is becoming overwhelming and waiting for proof just seems an excuse for avoiding hard choices and doing nothing

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So, do you just sit back and say 'There is no proof of anything' and when you 'act accordingly' you don't act at all?

Like everything else about this descent into madness, you have to decide what you believe - there likely will never be any proof, they have had too long to cover up

Circumstantial evidence is becoming overwhelming and waiting for proof just seems an excuse for avoiding hard choices and doing nothing
    In what ways are you “acting?” I’m not asking that sarcastically. If you believe it came from a lab, how have you acted against that? What would you suggest I do to help?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In what ways are you “acting?” I’m not asking that sarcastically. If you believe it came from a lab, how have you acted against that? What would you suggest I do to help?
    Holding our officials feet to the fire so to speak. As long as they can keep us divided we never reach critical mass to get something done…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Another fake White House set ?

52893399-10399137-image-a-5_1642091958842.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would say get involved in lining up true conservative Republicans (or as close as you can get) to run for office at all levels and work for them prior to and after the primaries

Lobby your representatives to turn away from Chamber o'Commerce Republicanism and embrace the working class people that Trump brought to our side along with their very real concerns for their country going forward. I've been involved in state and national politic for the last eleven years with just those goals in mind

If that is too much trouble, at the very least stop JK-ing in so many threads

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom