• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't drink...

But I'm gonna sign anyway.

Where's the petition to be able to buy a car on Sunday?

-J-

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I don't drink...

But I'm gonna sign anyway.

Where's the petition to be able to buy a car on Sunday?

-J-

I've heard that the car dealers do not want Sunday Sales. Think about it. Most of those guys are there 6 days a week from open to close and only have Sunday off.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I've heard that the car dealers do not want Sunday Sales. Think about it..

Choosing to be closed is one thing. Being required to be closed by your government is allowing the church to dictate law based on it's beliefs. :thumbsup:

I find it disturbing how "religious people" demand that the government keep out of their doctrine but have no problem trying to interject their doctrine into the government in the name of whatever god they follow!!! :rolleyesedit:
    :cheers:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Choosing to be closed is one thing. Being required to be closed by your government is allowing the church to dictate law based on it's beliefs. :thumbsup:

I find it disturbing how "religious people" demand that the government keep out of their doctrine but have no problem trying to interject their doctrine into the government in the name of whatever god they follow!!! :rolleyesedit:

That's Not their problem (Nothing to do with God or Allah), it's if the law changes they will be open because of the competition. It's easier to let the State be the Bad Guy. This from my Brother in law who is in car sales and No I wouldn't buy a car from him either ;)

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

+1

IIRC, you can't sign a contract on Sunday either (thus no car, motorcyle, or house sales). I am not sure if that is 100% true though.

I live down the street from the JCC and I see people walking up and down the street every Saturday. It only serves to reinforce the fact that not everyone is Christian and should not be forced by rule of law to follow their rules. Maybe a Jewish person would like to buy some beer on Sunday, but they can't because someone has forced their beliefs on them by having the idiotic no alcohol on Sunday law. It makes as much sense as that same Jew trying to pass a law banning people from driving on Saturday.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    It's not the Christian coalition that demands the governmental ban of alcohol on Sunday's, it is the same people that created prohibition. It was the Progressives that have done this to us and have pushed it off as a Christian demand... anyways I signed it! Jack Daniel's on Sundays it is!

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    It's not the Christian coalition that demands the governmental ban of alcohol on Sunday's, it is the same people that created prohibition. It was the Progressives that have done this to us and have pushed it off as a Christian demand... anyways I signed it! Jack Daniel's on Sundays it is!

It's mostly the CC..

"A blue law is a type of law in the United States and Canada designed to enforce moral standards, particularly the observance of Sunday as a day of worship or rest, and a restriction on Sunday shopping. Most have been repealed, declared unconstitutional or are simply unenforced, although prohibitions on the sale of alcoholic beverages, and occasionally almost all commerce, on Sundays are still enforced in many areas. Blue laws often prohibit an activity only during certain hours and there are usually exceptions to the prohibition of commerce, like grocery and drug stores. In some places blue laws may be enforced due to religious principles, but others are retained as a matter of tradition or out of convenience.[1]"

Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I signed last week. I hate wanting to cook something on sunday, only to realize I need beer or white whine and have to make some other crap instead.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Look, saying that we should change our laws that revolve around Christianity because not everyone is Christian is like saying we should take our "God Given Rights" away because it offends Atheiests(SP?). I honestly believe that we shouldn't cater to anyones beliefs should it be Christians, Satanic, Wiccian, Buddist, Muslim, or whatever.

Our Country was FOUNDED on Christian Principles. But this law of no Alcohol on Sunday is a CROCK. You can go to the bar and get PLASTEREDEDED but you can't buy any to take home where you are much safer. You can buy a billion dollars worth on Saturday just for the block party on Sunday, but heaven forbid you run out of booze and need to go pick up another keg MGD or bottle of Hennessey.

I believe that we should leave our Country's laws based on Christian traditions, but not cater to that paticular religion. The American Tradition was based on those principles, not that of the Muslim or Atheiest religion. You can't make everyone happy so either deal with it or get the hell out and go back to your own Country.

That's why I signed this petition. Thank you and God Bless!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Well, in my case, I don't drink.

Signed it anyway. What does whether or not _I_ buy/drink alcohol have to do with attempting to roll back Nanny Statism?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just for the record, I can make a 6 pack last me about 2 months on average and I can make a fifth of anything last me close to a year if that says anything.

Now cigs, that's a different story! I think someone shud start a petition about public smoking. Take my right to smoke in an open public area, screw that.

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    i don't drink anymore either. actually i'm not allowed to-- i finished my share. but i have no problem with sunday sales. it will save time driving to OH before Colts games.

one thing i heard on talk radio is, if liquor stores are open 7 days a week, the mom and pop places will never get a day off....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    one thing i heard on talk radio is, if liquor stores are open 7 days a week, the mom and pop places will never get a day off....

That's just dumb...No one is forcing them to be open.

I couldn't care less if ALL liquor stores are closed on Sundays if I could buy it at a grocery store.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    9kteejay
    Top Bottom