• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    For all of you who don't drink, thanks for your support! Shows you are stand up guys/gals. For those who quit but still support the cause... wow, quitting sucks! LOL You aint much fun since I quit drinkin... LOL Thanks for the support. Unfortunately internet petitions never get much done, but politicians pay close attention to these things so maybe it will help.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Look, saying that we should change our laws that revolve around Christianity because not everyone is Christian is like saying we should take our "God Given Rights" away because it offends Atheiests(SP?). I honestly believe that we shouldn't cater to anyones beliefs should it be Christians, Satanic, Wiccian, Buddist, Muslim, or whatever.

Our Country was FOUNDED on Christian Principles. But this law of no Alcohol on Sunday is a CROCK. You can go to the bar and get PLASTEREDEDED but you can't buy any to take home where you are much safer. You can buy a billion dollars worth on Saturday just for the block party on Sunday, but heaven forbid you run out of booze and need to go pick up another keg MGD or bottle of Hennessey.

I believe that we should leave our Country's laws based on Christian traditions, but not cater to that paticular religion. The American Tradition was based on those principles, not that of the Muslim or Atheiest religion.

So if the country was founded on the Christian religion then why aren't all of the ten commandments incorporated into law? At my count only 4 of the 10 are there. Its not like other countries who have different majority religions don't have the same basic laws.

I think you need to look at what the founding fathers views on Christianity & religion in general before stating that this country was founded on Christian principles.

The Founding Fathers Speak Out on God, Religion and the First Amendment

Especially the Treaty of Tripoli, where it is stated that
    "The agreement's 11th article (out of twelve) reads: As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion, - as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen, - and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The founding fathers were a product of the enlightenment & the age of reason.​

I don't believe that Atheists or Muslims want our natural rights taken away just because a group of people call them "god given".​

You can't make everyone happy so either deal with it or get the hell out and go back to your own Country.

And what country would that be? This is my country, just as much as it is yours, like it or not.​

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And what country would that be? This is my country, just as much as it is yours, like it or not.

ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was refering to those who come here with their religons and try to say that things like "Honor Killings" and such are acceptable means of social society here.

As for the rest.... Though our Country wasn't founded on any religion, our traditions certainly have been. And if you look at many of the state laws, they too have been founded and written with little more than Christians in mind.

I suppose this is what I was refering to, not what our Founding Fathers have built... :cheers:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Look, saying that we should change our laws that revolve around Christianity because not everyone is Christian is like saying we should take our "God Given Rights" away because it offends Atheiests(SP?). I honestly believe that we shouldn't cater to anyones beliefs should it be Christians, Satanic, Wiccian, Buddist, Muslim, or whatever.

What are you quoting with "God given rights"?

Here is the BOR. ctrl+f and type "god". Text not found.

Bill of Rights Transcript

Here is the whole US Constitution. Do the same. Not found again.

NARA | The National Archives Experience

Our country was founded by mostly Christians (though several of our founding fathers were Deists, not Christians like you think of today), but they fled a country that was ran by the church for that specific reason. They wanted the government to be neutral on the issue of religion. They wanted the governement to allow you to practice your religion as well as not tell you what religion to practice.

BTW that horrible heathen quaker Ben Franklin had the word "God" replaced with "Creator" in the Declaration of Independance and also founded the first secular college in the US. Even as a religious man, he understood the purpose of the seperation of church and state.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was refering to those who come here with their religons and try to say that things like "Honor Killings" and such are acceptable means of social society here.

As for the rest.... Though our Country wasn't founded on any religion, our traditions certainly have been. And if you look at many of the state laws, they too have been founded and written with little more than Christians in mind.

I suppose this is what I was refering to, not what our Founding Fathers have built... :cheers:

Well poo. Nevermind most of my post above then. ;)

I am still leaving it for some of the info contained.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

\

:chillout:

Oh...OK.

:cheers:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What are you quoting with "God given rights"?

There were many arguements made by our founding fathers that the BOR were rights granted to us by God, or the Creator, as human beings. The right to defend ourselves, the right to freedom of religion, speech, press, trial by a jury of our peers, etc. All those rights preexist the founding of our nation and were the key to the agreement of the Constitution. That's why I call them "God Given Rights".:yesway:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I'm glad we all agree on this. The Right to good brew is a pre-existing, Natural right. Saying any different is faggotry.

Top Bottom