• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    Ultimately, any gun safe is going to slow down the time that it takes you to get to your firearm. In most cases, this isn't crucial, since you've been alerted to an intruder because of noise, etc. But in the event that you don't know he's there until he's standing in your doorway, you need immediate access to your firearm. I've seen holsters that have an extension that slips between your mattress and boxsprings, and that's a good idea. I keep mine on the nightstand out in the open. But then again, I don't have any children still at home. And when the grandkids come, the firearm is secured safely away from their reach.

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    I guess this isn't really meant to be a "bedside" safe but hey, i keep it next to the bed. The sig stays on top ready to go. No kids in the house:yesway:

AR15 isn't normally just sitting there but it makes for a cool pic, lol

Incase the zombies attack inside the safe is the 92FS and 1911, all loaded and ready to go with spare mags and A LOT of ammo..same with ar15.

It's going to suck when I get (much) older and have children in the house, lol.

IMG00131-20100228-0130.jpg

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I don't like the small safe idea. I realize a big part of this thread is regarding safety but I have been robbed and a small safe simply puts everything in quick convenient place for the crook to grab. I had several guns in a locked metal box in my bedroom. A big safe that can't be carried away is a different thing. I leave my weapon of choice right on top of the night stand and everybody, including my kids, know its going to be there. In the morn its the first thing I tend to.

Sinco0214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Gunsafe

I bought a Winchester sequence gunsafe. Inexpensive and works great, it works by pressing a specific order of key pads.

Top Bottom