• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j. villarreal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was wondering what sort of safe (if any) you guys use for firearms you want to have quick access to at night. I have a little one in the house so I don't leave anything in a drawer, on a shelf, or unlocked. I am currently using a pretty cheap digital-lock safe with a keypad, but I'm thinking of getting one of the Gunvault Mini Vaults. What do you guys use?

Jason

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Have a large safe in my closet for the main goodies...and this in a drawer in my nightstand...great way to go!

multi.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What I use is one of the inexpensive gun lock boxes from Gander Mtn for $30. It's bolted into the nightstand and when I go to bed, I unlock it and put my Bersa 9 on the nightstand under gun cleaning cloth. When I wake up, the Bersa either gets unloaded and put back into the lockbox or it goes into my holster (unless it's a 1911 day). The key is attached to my car keys so I can't leave home without the lock box being locked.

I know this is a low buck approach, but it works for me. I don't trust electronics since they work great right up to the time they don't. We don't have little ones in the house, but I think I'd be ok with this if I did. At night, the key is in the lock and turned, so it serves the backup duty as the dedicated place where my car keys are in case of a fire or other emergency at night.

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    gun vault GV1000d. I found the bio version to be slower than the button version.

That is true.
    It is slower buy about 1 second BUT if you have kids, you will sooner or later learn that they can LOCKOUT your safe by playing with it too many times without your knowledge.
    I found this out one time with a button safe during one of my routine safe function checks.
    Trust me, you don't want to find out your safe was locked out in the middle of the night.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    That is true.
    It is slower buy about 1 second BUT if you have kids, you will sooner or later learn that they can LOCKOUT your safe by playing with it too many times without your knowledge.

thats when my dad would have 'whooped some behind' for attempting to mess with his guns when he wasn't around! :dunno:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    i have a hideing spot in my dress that only i can find . also my safe is close by

I don't believe I would have told that!!!:D

I just keep mine on the head board, it has two shelves on it the first one is a couple inches higher than the mattress, it goes back in the safe if I leave the house or it goes with me.

Top Bottom