• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That was it exactly!!! wow, we lost my uncle about 10 years ago he is missed thanks for the memories.

Here, this is for you. :)
    [ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/304677/origami_bow_tie_from_a_one_dollar_bill/]Origami Bow Tie From A One Dollar Bill - Video[/ame]

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Thank you for that Annie, My Uncle was a WWII vet he never talked about it, after he passed I was helping my Aunt go Thur his stuff ( my dad passed when I was 18 my Uncle Jack kinda stepped in for him) anyway I found his discharge papers form the Army, He was in the Fighting 44th he landed on D-Day and went all the way to Berlin, he had won 3 Bronze stars and never told anyone nor even his wife, he was a remarkable man.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Is it just me or has the criteria for being cool diminished over the years?:laugh:

OK, I can't lie, as soon as I opened this thread I had to figure out how to do it myself...One of my sleeves is a little SPEDish.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sorry...can't hear you over all the chatter here at the cool kids' table - - :p

That's cool Annie, I guess we all have different definitions of what the "cool" table is.

10189144h.jpg

ZING!:laugh:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Just to be clear...this was the last time a non-cool kid mocked me and I called in an Air Strike. His name is Charlie and he takes care of my bidness.
    Be afraid.
    Especially if you're a redheaded punk who steals the last red-foil-wrapped Hershey's cordial kiss out of my special treat bag from Santa -

Let this be a lesson and a rare (and only) warning.

Air Force. I haz it.

Christmas2005038.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just to be clear...this was the last time a non-cool kid mocked me and I called in an Air Strike. His name is Charlie and he takes care of my bidness.
    Be afraid.
    Especially if you're a redheaded punk who steals the last red-foil-wrapped Hershey's cordial kiss out of my special treat bag from Santa -

Let this be a lesson and a rare (and only) warning.

Air Force. I haz it.

Christmas2005038.jpg

HOW DARE YOU...............................Suspect me of having red hair! Bazooka Joe71 ain't no ginger!

Negative rep inbound.:xmad:

:lmfao:

(Apologies to all red headed INGOers:D)

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for that Annie, My Uncle was a WWII vet he never talked about it, after he passed I was helping my Aunt go Thur his stuff ( my dad passed when I was 18 my Uncle Jack kinda stepped in for him) anyway I found his discharge papers form the Army, He was in the Fighting 44th he landed on D-Day and went all the way to Berlin, he had won 3 Bronze stars and never told anyone nor even his wife, he was a remarkable man.

That is both amazing and unfortunate.
    To have fought all the way across Europe is something for which everyone owes an eternal debt of gratitude to your Uncle.:patriot:

To have never spoken about it and passing away without his story being told and recorded is unfortunate. Too much of the the history of the Greatest Generation has been lost to the passage of time. My grandfather was in the Navy and fought in the Pacific. By the time I was old enough to understand and wanted to hear the stories, Parkinson's had ravaged his mind. I got a few tidbits here and there, but nothing like I know he had trapped in there.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    That is both amazing and unfortunate.
    To have fought all the way across Europe is something for which everyone owes an eternal debt of gratitude to your Uncle.:patriot:

To have never spoken about it and passing away without his story being told and recorded is unfortunate. Too much of the the history of the Greatest Generation has been lost to the passage of time. My grandfather was in the Navy and fought in the Pacific. By the time I was old enough to understand and wanted to hear the stories, Parkinson's had ravaged his mind. I got a few tidbits here and there, but nothing like I know he had trapped in there.

He would talk alittle about some of the things that he did in WWII he was a Machine gunner, he carried a BAR or a browning 30 cal all the time he was over there, I would try and get him to talk about it from time to time sometimes he would tell little story's of things that took place or that he did, other times he would just choke up and I would leave him alone, The expected life of a machine gunner in WWII was 30 seconds when the battle started, the enemy wanted them out first, You should have seen the Arms on that man at 74 years old, He was a Hero to me! even never knowing he was a real war HERO, I just cried when I read that he had received three bronze stars for his actions above and beyond the call of duty, He is missed! Thank you. :patriot:

Top Bottom