• ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Has anyone seen a sample of this yet?

I was wondering if this is a ok quality knife for a SHTF pack, compared to a Seal Pup Elite. It says High carbon steel...full tang and I liked the pomell on the end.

I am inexperienced when it comes to knives and looking for Christmas ideas for myself.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    bear_01_hd.jpg

:dunno:

bear-grylls-gerber-knife.jpg

Should make drinking turtle blood easier. :D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I can't find jack on the steel so I can't give it favorable marks until I know something, anything about the knife other than generalities.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ENcGXh548"]YouTube - First Look - Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Knife from Gerber[/ame]

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Bear is the man!

I like watching him do his "survival thing" in the evenings while I eat dinner.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Does the knife jump out of its scabbard and spend the nite in a hotel when the going gets tough?
    Of course it does, it is attached to Bear.
    You guys are all jealous because Bear gets paid to talk survival and the rest of us don't. I would go on TV and eat a bug if I were getting paid, wouldn't you? Since the knife has orange parts it can't be called Tactical Cool, can we call it Survival Cool?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You guys are all jealous because Bear gets paid to talk survival and the rest of us don't. I would go on TV and eat a bug if I were getting paid, wouldn't you? Since the knife has orange parts it can't be called Tactical Cool, can we call it Survival Cool?

Sure I would, but I woudln't lie to my viewers and say I spent the night a hammock in the rain forest, during a windstorm, fighting off bugs and wild animals.... while I am actually enjoying hot toddies, shrimp cocktail and a massage in my hotel room...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    is this one of those knives that looks like it would work really well in the most remote parts of the world, but really only works when your within about a 1/2 mile of a major highway??? ;)

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    These were, I think, 39.99 for a while on Amazon for pre-order. I just checked a few moments ago and they were 59.99.

I'd rather have the original Grylls knife.

Welcome to Bayleyknife - The home of practical, handmade knives

lol a lot of people wanted the real version. his back order was something like 7 years. but he no longer has association with bear. but if you want something similar martin knives tactical bushcraft knife is very close and a awesome blade

the new knife looks decent and it should work as a knife. it's definitely set up with survival in mind. you got fire, a emergency whistle, a sharpener and all that good stuff. it keeps most the essential survival items on your person at all times.

my one down side is it's made by gerber. they use to have quality stuff but in the past 10 years its just gone to poo. and no steel listed except high qaulity stainless. i will pass for now

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I do not see any similarity between the original "Bear Grylls" knife & the subsequent "Gerber Bear Grylls" signature knife.

I would definitely consider buying the original version (if I could get one without Bear's name on it) but I am not really interested in the Gerber one at all.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    richard r the original knife no longer has his name on it. they had some type of falling out and are no longer associated. the original is also super super expensive (better out there for the money) and the wait is still ridiculous to say the least.

the gerber knife is a slick idea with all the options built into it like that and it will attract a lot of preppers and survivalist people who don't know a lot about knifes and are looking for that do it all blade.

believe it or not there are actually people out in the world who aren't knife people (lmao i didn't know this until i started working with regular people, i mean who doesn't always have a decent pocket knife on them geesh). and those type of people will love the options of this knife and the knife itself because they don't care about the steel and how well it holds a edge ect

Top Bottom