• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    With census workers going door to door in the coming weeks, there's bond to be some impostors trying to either gain illegal access to people's homes or private information about others going right along. Make sure any supposed census worker that comes to your door is carrying proper identification. Additionally, a real census worker will NOT ask to enter your home. Stay alert and safe out there!

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Already filled out my forms. Not coming in my house even if they are legit. We can talk in the driveway :).

....except that a buddy of mine is a census worker this year -- he gets free snacks.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    My mom is a census worker and she told me that the door to door people can call the cops if they see a gun but can't call the cops if they see a meth lab, how does that make sense?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    My mom is a census worker and she told me that the door to door people can call the cops if they see a gun but can't call the cops if they see a meth lab, how does that make sense?

You don't even need an LTCH to have a gun on your own property. However, they will be the trespasser if you ask them to leave and they do not.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN

Your tax dollars at work...:rolleyes:

I am determined now to be OC (or better yet, carrying my Mossy) if/when a census worker knocks on the door. Can't wait for the census worker to explain to the police why they got a MWAG call on someone in their own home....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is going to be very interesting. I fully expect to have one of these people attempting to enter my property. Everyone I have asked in my neighborhood received the same two census in the mail. And each one of them filled out the first one and mailed it in. I don't know if its an attempt by the Obama administration to waste even more tax dollars or just plain incompetence.

At any rate I filled out two census forms and mailed them both in, no jack hole census worker is setting foot on my property.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Guess I'll see if I can get one to wet there pants.:D
    I had some construction character I thought was going to a while back. If I wanted someone to come look at my house I would call, caught that sucker around the side of my house with my 870.:dunno:
    His eyes got as big as silver dollars when I gave hime the "HEY! What the *^%& do you think your doing!"

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Partially filled out my census forms. Answered the questions that counted the people that live in my house. I may have neglected to fill out the identifying information. My GSD really likes people that come up to the house that she doesn't know. Apparently they taste like chicken.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    I answered the door OC when the census people came a knockin last year. Poor guy didn't stick around long enough to ask his first question. "hello my name is.......John. I'm.....with the cen.....sus.... Nevermindsirhaveagoodday!" and was gone. I didn't even know what his deal was til I saw my reflection in the glass after I shut the door and saw my xd chillin in my holster. I just laughed to myself and went on with my day

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Here's a census story you don't hear every day, courtesy of a friend of my friend:

We have this friend who has an adult child who has Downs Syndrome. The guy is 35 years old and a pretty big guy. His mom was at work the other day and her son calls her cell phone. He said “Mommy, I caught a troll, I caught a troll”. The mom figured this couldn’t be good, so she rushed home. When she got there the place was a mess. She started looking around for him and heard him in his room laughing. She sneaks up there and look in the door and he’s rolling Skittles candy across the floor, and they’re coming back to him. So, she goes in the room and there’s a midget in there with her son rolling the Skittles candy back to him. The guy looks terrified. The mom asks the midget who he is. He says “I’m from the census, I came by to do a field survey. Your son grabbed me a few hours ago and has been holding me hostage and making me play games with me. If you let me go now, I wont press charges”. Meanwhile the son keeps saying “Mommy I want to keep the troll”. They let the troll go. Haaaa!

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I was a census worker during the 2000 census.
    Census workers cannot call the cops unless they are threatened by the resident/property owner. Since by law you may not deny them access to conduct their business. Anything they see or hear cannot be used against you. It is actually a federal offense for the census worker to share any information obtained through their interaction. If they see a methlab, if they see you asking somebody in a pit to put the lotion in the basket, if they see you plotting to kill the president, they cannot call the cops on you. Now if you threaten them they can.

Keep in mind that if your responses on your form were not legible or if your form was somehow damaged, they will end up knocking on your door.

Oh and it is now only a fine to refuse to fill out your census form. It used to be a jail-able offense.

So please be nice to the census worker if they come knocking on your door. Hell most of these people are trying to actually do some work rather than sit at home being lazy collecting unemployment. if you don't want them to see the mess in your house, merely answer the question outside. This is how the government knows how many representatives your state gets, how of the money they steal from you on a daily basis, that they give back to your community as a whole.

One more thing the only real answer you really need to give them is how many people lived in this residence on april 1, 2010. You can refuse to give names, dob's, etal.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    One more thing the only real answer you really need to give them is how many people lived in this residence on april 1, 2010. You can refuse to give names, dob's, etal.

Thats basically all they got from me on my form. My name and DOB, wife's name and DOB, minor under the age of 13, minor under the age of 13, and minor under the age of 13 for my 3 kids. They don't need my SSN for a head count.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Since by law you may not deny them access to conduct their business.

I call :bs:

Please cite the code (federal or state) that supports the assertion that federal employment immunizes one from state trespassing statutes. There are certain very specific exemptions, but none I have ever seen comes close to covering a census worker.

Top Bottom