• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    When I read stuff like this I always wonder how it is okay to ship out 19 and 20 year old kids with a gun in their hand and let them die for our countries war. Then when they get home they are treated like a criminal. Pisses me off, thank you for your service and welcome back to the real America. Where at in Indiana will you be moving back to?

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    When I read stuff like this I always wonder how it is okay to ship out 19 and 20 year old kids with a gun in their hand and let them die for our countries war. Then when they get home they are treated like a criminal. Pisses me off, thank you for your service and welcome back to the real America. Where at in Indiana will you be moving back to?

And those same kids can kill, defend our freedom, yet cant have a beer. Legally........MERICA

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Semper Fi brother. Welcome to INGO and when ya get back to the "free" state of Indiana, PM me, I'll go shooting with ya!

Can't think of a better 1000th post!

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    images

To be expected in Kalifornia !!!

Thank you for your service !!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When you finally pack up and cross that AZ border, it's going to be like a huge weight was lifted off your chest.
    While your still there, bite your tongue and don't give them any reason to hold you there any longer.

Watch your 6. :draw:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... California does have a castle doctrine however no stand your ground laws and the law specifically states that the assailant would have to have INTENT to cause severe bodily harm or death. Which he didnt have. ...

So, CA laws basically require you to be a mind reader then? Nice.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    SEMPER FI!

So help me understand. The burglars potential intent was determined 'after' they were under the gun?

Little lost by your question. As far as i'm concerned i have every right to draw on someone after they cross the plane of that door pretty much regardless of who they are. If i then determine that their intent is to do anything other than have a drunk mistake and pass out on my couch (only bring that up because i have two friends[both marine] who woke up the next day on a strangers couch very hung over) than they have just crossed the line where i determine if their goal is to cause any sort of harm to my family or residence in which case i then have the right to use lethal force. Drawing is a precaution just due to the fact that if they do intend to injure or kill me and they have a gun i wont have the chance to draw if they are committed and that is not a chance i'm willing to take.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne

Little picture to leave you with on this topic.

19_zps2202df17.jpg

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Little picture to leave you with on this topic.

19_zps2202df17.jpg

Indeed, as someone who is old enough to have had a draft card but just young enough to not get drafted for Vietnam, I recall the argument that "these young men are old enough to go to war but not old enough to buy liquor." But 19, heck they were drafting and sending 18 year-old's 1/2 way around the world to fight in SE Asia.

But what do you expect from Bloomberg? I'm sure he'd have been an "objector" of some sort.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    As a US Army retiree, I had no idea that there were so many of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children on this site.

Anyways, from one vet to another, thank you for what you do.

Sorry to hear that the criminals in your area have more rights than you do, but once you leave AD, come on back to Indiana, and live in a good pro-2A state.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Thank you for your service sir. Sorry about your trouble, but I'm not surprised at all. I don't think you'll have trouble finding someone to go shooting with here.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    SEMPER FI!

So help me understand. The burglars potential intent was determined 'after' they were under the gun?

Little lost by your question. As far as i'm concerned i have every right to draw on someone after they cross the plane of that door pretty much regardless of who they are. If i then determine that their intent is to do anything other than have a drunk mistake and pass out on my couch (only bring that up because i have two friends[both marine] who woke up the next day on a strangers couch very hung over) than they have just crossed the line where i determine if their goal is to cause any sort of harm to my family or residence in which case i then have the right to use lethal force. Drawing is a precaution just due to the fact that if they do intend to injure or kill me and they have a gun i wont have the chance to draw if they are committed and that is not a chance i'm willing to take.

YOUR judgement was not in question. Different state, different mindset I guess. Where I live, I don't have buddies crashing on my couch to consider. Anyone who defeats my locked barriers in the middle of the night has proven their intentions enough for me to use lethal force to remove the threat.

My comment had more to do with the laws you had to consider as the police let them walk, thereby determining them to not be a threat AFTER THE FACT. I was just imagining the criminals grinning as they walked singing 'good ole california'

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    YOUR judgement was not in question. Different state, different mindset I guess. Where I live, I don't have buddies crashing on my couch to consider. Anyone who defeats my locked barriers in the middle of the night has proven their intentions enough for me to use lethal force to remove the threat.

My comment had more to do with the laws you had to consider as the police let them walk, thereby determining them to not be a threat AFTER THE FACT. I was just imagining the criminals grinning as they walked singing 'good ole california'

The situation as it happened i probably wouldn't have shot in Indiana either to be honest. They did not present a threat after entering the house. They followed my directions to the T. Lethal force is not always required. Certainly if either of them had moved a hand fast or taken another step in my direction they'd have caught 175 grains of hollow point. I had about 15 feet stand off with all bed rooms in the house only accessible by going through me. Plus i have to take into account the laws that are present where i resided at the time. If i had shot them in this state i'd be in prison right now. I'll through a phrase out there that only the Marines in here will appreciate...Situation dictates.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    The situation as it happened i probably wouldn't have shot in Indiana either to be honest. They did not present a threat after entering the house. They followed my directions to the T. Lethal force is not always required. Certainly if either of them had moved a hand fast or taken another step in my direction they'd have caught 175 grains of hollow point. I had about 15 feet stand off with all bed rooms in the house only accessible by going through me. Plus i have to take into account the laws that are present where i resided at the time. If i had shot them in this state i'd be in prison right now. I'll through a phrase out there that only the Marines in here will appreciate...Situation dictates.

Its not surprising to know you possessed the presence of mind to handle the situation with the consideration for thier lives. You are a warrior. Yes, situation dictates.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'm conflicted on war, yet impressed by self motivation. Especially when you feel it's the BEST action that you personally can take. For that I commend you.

On the story side. I'd say WFT else would or could you have done? Common sense is not common, and you most def had every justifiable reason to do what you did.
    Maintain your path, but beware of .gov doctors and your rights to own a firearm. There is a very legit reasoning to be aware of (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuy64j6Xcrg) medical reasoning to be disarmed.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'm conflicted on war, yet impressed by self motivation. Especially when you feel it's the BEST action that you personally can take. For that I commend you.

On the story side. I'd say WFT else would or could you have done? Common sense is not common, and you most def had every justifiable reason to do what you did.
    Maintain your path, but beware of .gov doctors and your rights to own a firearm. There is a very legit reasoning to be aware of (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuy64j6Xcrg) medical reasoning to be disarmed.

As far as i'm concerned i did nothing wrong and the cops are the ones to blame. you can do everything write down to the tiniest details and still get screwed based on how a cop perceives it. Perception is reality. The only other thing i could have done would be to very quietly disarm them, silence them, and go dump them in any of the hundreds of mine shafts out here.

Sometimes doing the right thing, isnt doing the right thing.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The way it sounds, you did a good thing. I think you did brilliantly :thumbsup:
    Also, thank you for your service :patriot:

Top Bottom