• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I'm not sure I understand this. You're proud of THINGS? Proud that you had the sense to buy them?? Proud that you make enough to buy them?? Proud that you bought them before someone else could? I don't get it.

I'm proud of my 19 year old son. Proud of the man he is becoming. But stuff??? Nah...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was in Colorado for a year in 98 stationed at Ft. Carson. I had a regular Jeep Cherokee and this is when Grand Cherokees and Eddie Bauer Explorers were the big deal. I bought a cheap $30 spinning rod combo at Walmart and went fishing at Deckers up in the mountains. Every pull off, there were Grand Cherokees and Bauer Explorers and guys wading with fly rods that cost hundreds. That day, I caught a 17" brown trout and a 20" trout or salmon that I wasn't sure what it was. I didn't see anyone else catch much of anything. I started asking a few guys what kind of fish it was and the looks on their face was priceless.

I'm not much of a trap shooter but I think it'd be fun to take an old beater shotgun to a trap shoot and outshoot the guys with the $5k+ guns.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Used to shoot trap years ago with a company team (back up shooter). They all had the fancy BIG$ trap guns. I could keep up or better them with a good ol' Remington 870. I loved to **** them off when I would practice with them. By the way none of us were worth diddly squat.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    i evaluate gun owners on their safety awareness and proficiency with their weapon much more than the price tag of what theyve got. Floyd maywheather could kick my ass with sock-em-boppers for gloves, and chewing gum for a mouthguard...he still wins.

Man... I'd double leg Floyd Mayweather and choke his ass out :p

@ the OP... +1 to you!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Beware the [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE] person with one gun.

How about 'Beware of the person with only one gun, but that knows how to use it'. There are lots and lots of folks that have only one gun that they have either shot only once or not at all.

The fanboy is usually the spoiler in any discussion, whether it's about guns or cars or whatever. They are the folks that don't have the capacity to think too deeply and usually have one word answers to most questions. On INGO, they are usually the ones that are quick to answer a question of 'What type of gun should I buy' with 'Glock'. No thought, no discussion, just simple minded advice. You get the same thing from the folks that think the only 1911 that can be trusted must cost at least $2000,

Last edited:

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Reminds me of a guy I shot Trap with in the 70's. Junior (last name escapes me) drove an old chevy that had a Model 12 Trap Gun in the trunk. No case or gunsock, just thrown in the trunk. He won a lot of shoots & money with the rusty old model 12. He was from Noble, Lagrange or Dekalb County. He was quite a shooter. Nothing pleased him more than outshooting someone with a high dollar gun.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

That goes out to you, filthy, ugly,rusty, beat up old Ithaca 37 I wouldn't trade for anything! Well, it isn't a rifle, but you get my point.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    My favorite 22 to shoot out of all that Ive ever shot is an old Remmy 550-l. This gun was so caked with crap and the barrel blueing is gone and looks terrible but man is it a great gun! I cleaned it up and ran 500 rounds through it and no problems whatsoever. Doesn't look good but I would bet a lot of money I could outshoot a LOT of people with it. Dead accurate.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    Any one that scoffs a firearm because of price is probably intellectually challenged and has to constantly try to belittle others in an effort to fulfill their insatiable appetite for feeling superior. This is often exemplified by over compensating with things they believe may be deemed of great value to others. They are quick to showboat these cherished items that quite often show little or absolutely no wear whatsoever. With this action, the person fails to realize though, that unwittingly, they have relinquished to the trained eye, just how inept they may be.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I just bought my first handgun two weeks ago, a S&W SD40VE. I read review after review saying its a great gun and very reliable, then the glock fans show up, talking about how they are junk, triggers suck, blah blah blah. So I buy one, I had to sell stuff I didn't use anymore, and guess what, everytime I pull the trigger, it goes boom, just like an M&P or glock or just about any other. Don't get me wrong, I am planning on getting an M&P .45 when I get the money saved up, but I do like my Value Edition S&W. feels even better saving some money to!

Explosior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Madison County
    In todays society it seems to be of primary importence to keep up with the joneses. Personally, I say **** on the joneses. I like what I have. I saved my monies and chose the best for what I wanted and the monies I had topay.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My favorite 22 to shoot out of all that Ive ever shot is an old Remmy 550-l. This gun was so caked with crap and the barrel blueing is gone and looks terrible but man is it a great gun! I cleaned it up and ran 500 rounds through it and no problems whatsoever. Doesn't look good but I would bet a lot of money I could outshoot a LOT of people with it. Dead accurate.

Challenge accepted. Me and my Ruger 10/22 versus you and your Remington. Who ever can shoot tighter groups at 50 yards, using only iron sights, with 10 rounds wins :D

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Personally I don't care what somebody has or what they paid for it.

But there are some cheapskates who can't keep their mouths shut, who loudly proclaim their lesser expenditure gear to be "as good" or "better than" stuff costing considerably more.

The BS comes from both directions.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I myself have only two pistols, and an old single-shot 12 gauge I inherited from Grampy. i consider the 12 gauge to be a "non-gun" since I have no intention of ever shooting it. The stock is broken, and held together by several layers of electrical tape. My collection is sparse, but I like what I have, and am working on picking up a few other "necessity" guns when time and money permit.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I have recently purchased my first pistol, GSG 1911 .22 and tbh i have gotten a LOT of "Why the f*** did you get a .22?" (not on INGO but from ppl I have conversed with in person), and I got a .22 because A) I have never owned or shot a pistol before this one and I want to get familiar and comfortable with firearms before I "graduate" to a larger caliber and B) .22lr is cheap as hell (when you can find it) compared to larger calibers. Also only having 1 income (mine) supporting 2 adults and 3 teenagers, I would go broke learning my gun if I had a larger caliber.

I am darn proud of my pistol.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom