• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I have recently purchased my first pistol, GSG 1911 .22 and tbh i have gotten a LOT of "Why the f*** did you get a .22?" (not on INGO but from ppl I have conversed with in person), and I got a .22 because A) I have never owned or shot a pistol before this one and I want to get familiar and comfortable with firearms before I "graduate" to a larger caliber and B) .22lr is cheap as hell (when you can find it) compared to larger calibers. Also only having 1 income (mine) supporting 2 adults and 3 teenagers, I would go broke learning my gun if I had a larger caliber.

I am darn proud of my pistol.

Sounds like good logic to me, hell if you have fun shooting it then you should be proud. I wouldn't mind having a 1911 .22 or a Sig mosquito to plink with. Congrats on your new pistol!

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Blah, Blah, Blah!

None of you should be proud of you're guns. They all suck. My Colt SAA owned by General Patton is superior. My solid-gold Glock (polymer sucks) is superior. My AR-15 (also solid-gold) was autographed by Diane Feinstein so I am superior. I even had Ruger custom build me a 1000/22 so that it would be 100 times better than anyone else's 10/22's.

I don't use purple when being sarcastic due to my superiority.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not sure I understand this. You're proud of THINGS? Proud that you had the sense to buy them?? Proud that you make enough to buy them?? Proud that you bought them before someone else could? I don't get it.

I'm proud of my 19 year old son. Proud of the man he is becoming. But stuff??? Nah...

While I certainly understand your sentiment, I think there is a different sense of pride being expressed here. I tend to agree that being proud of thing that you simply bought can be a bit silly, however perhaps the best word to use here is appreciative or thankful. I am not all that proud of many of the guns I own, but I am certainly thankful that I own them.

There are exceptions here though. For example, my Saiga AKM clone was one of the first handful of its type and I spent months accumulating authentic Russian parts for it. I am proud of the results because I poured a lot into that rifle. I am also proud of my Garand. I remember telling my mom back when I was 13 that I would own one. She sort of laughed me off as at the time, my parents were pretty anti-gun. Four years later, I had saved the money and got one through the CMP. I am proud of that rifle because it is symbolic of my determination in converting my parents to a much more open mindset, as well as symbolic of the work I put in to saving for it.

I hope this makes sense.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I have recently purchased my first pistol, GSG 1911 .22 and tbh i have gotten a LOT of "Why the f*** did you get a .22?" (not on INGO but from ppl I have conversed with in person), and I got a .22 because A) I have never owned or shot a pistol before this one and I want to get familiar and comfortable with firearms before I "graduate" to a larger caliber and B) .22lr is cheap as hell (when you can find it) compared to larger calibers. Also only having 1 income (mine) supporting 2 adults and 3 teenagers, I would go broke learning my gun if I had a larger caliber.

I am darn proud of my pistol.

That was an excellent choice on your part. There is no point in jumping up to a larger caliber if you haven't practiced enough to be effectively accurate. Good on you.

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I've seen old timers with run of the mill Remington and Winchester centerfires outshoot varminters with custom built guns.

Also seen the Perazzi boys clean my tail at sporting clays...so take it for what it's worth. Most guys who shoot the Perazzis would let me borrow them to shoot, so don't know who you're hanging out with. Find some other friends.

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    Kind of funny how these things go. Decades ago I would dream about having high end guns someday. But, in the meantime, I bought the best I could afford albeit far from the best. Now, many years later, I'm blessed enough to be able to acquire these once drempt of guns if I so desire. Odd thing is, I get more enjoyment out of the old, hard won, lower end guns from years past. I guess the grass IS always greener......

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I think any gun is better than no gun. To each is own IMHO. If everyone liked brand X there would be no need for brand Y. I buy what I can afford and I definitely do not knock another persons choice. An old friend once said "It's either all he wants or all he can afford." That pertains to anything. Guns, cars, houses, etc.

Top Bottom