• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    If someone seems a bit off or you think they're a criminal, you can look them up on this webiste and see if they have a criminal background. I've used it before to keep from dealing with dirtbags...or you can use it to dig up dirt on other people. LOL

The site goes down from time to time so check back if needed.

http://mycase.in.gov/default.aspx

Select criminal case records (all odyssey courts) and type in the name and presto!

Have fun looking up all your buddies!

Last edited:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    As a warning to everyone: Serious consider avoiding Craigslist. I've been able to read reports of just a handful of Craigslist scams, and those are the ones that don't make the news. It seems the violent criminal class is very active on Craigslist. Anything of real value is a target for them. I'm not a big user of Craigslist, and after reading various accounts of strong arm robberies, take the stuff and run, etc. type incidents, I would never try to sell or buy anything over say $40 via Craigslist. All things Apple, guns, etc. seem to really catch the attention of robbers. Any transaction worth just a couple of hundred dollars I would say is risky (esspecialy if you are buying, meaning you are bringing cash). Why not just wait till an Indy 1500 and sit at the front of the store seeing if anyone is interested?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As a warning to everyone: Serious consider avoiding Craigslist. I've been able to read reports of just a handful of Craigslist scams, and those are the ones that don't make the news. It seems the violent criminal class is very active on Craigslist. Anything of real value is a target for them. I'm not a big user of Craigslist, and after reading various accounts of strong arm robberies, take the stuff and run, etc. type incidents, I would never try to sell or buy anything over say $40 via Craigslist. All things Apple, guns, etc. seem to really catch the attention of robbers. Any transaction worth just a couple of hundred dollars I would say is risky (esspecialy if you are buying, meaning you are bringing cash). Why not just wait till an Indy 1500 and sit at the front of the store seeing if anyone is interested?

The wolves are waiting for the sheeple. Snatch and grab is the new rush for the dirt bags.
    As I mentioned in this thread...never go alone on a gun deal unless you know it is safe. Ingo folks are generally the best people. Someone on this site knows them, you can see there ratings etc. Craigs list is a pool of sheeple ripe for the picking for the wolves.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ^ That's an interesting comment at the end that certainly puts more questions out there.

It's just a hearsay type comment, but the way it was written makes me want to know more.

Another scenario playing out in my imagination: How many times has anyone here been lowballed so badly you've countered with a few juicy insults about the lowballer's mom? I know I have.
    I could see an unstable type deciding they were going to get revenge for something so trivial.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Originally Posted by Crossfire
    too bad he didn't have some back up
    ^^^^
    This
    He did. His brother. Turns out he may not have been much help.

That's not the lesson. I bought and sold four guns and 1,000 rds of ammunition within the last year on the MI equivalent of this forum. No problem. People have histories there.

Who buys and sells over Craig's List? Not smart. :(

Whether the guy had some "history" and behavior problems may or may not have played into this story. We'll never know, but the CL is a definite no-no!

hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Interesting quotes, I personally have never had a problem doing a FTF and hope I never do. I never go alone for sure. The quotes about Craigslist? I was under the impression you couldn't sell firearms through their site. Hmmm guess there are ways around everything these days.

Top Bottom