• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have had SEVERAL, FTF meetings here on INGO, and all went well... EVERYONE, was very personably, except one, and he just "took the money, and run"..... No problems, though.....

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Too bad...

Yeah, if we can't meet at a local range or high traffic, video recorded area (like a walmart or shopping mall in the middle of the day)... then I'll pass.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I just usually have people meet me in a very public place or at the nearest police dept to where we are meeting. :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I understand the criminal mind is not always rational, but how can someone make a deal to meet someone on Craigslist and not be tracked down? Do they use some kind of pseudo-name with technology that can't be tracked?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Wow, nice reminder. I'd say it had to do with the multiple guns, but I'm definitely not saying it couldn't happen to a single sale.

I've heard of the same thing happening when the sale involved car wheels, and another time when it was a game system. Both of those were in Indiana.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    This is the exact reason that when I meet someone it is in a wide open mall parking lot where I have at least one man, up high, with a sniper rifle.

But on a more serious note - it seems weird that they didn't take the guns or anything else. They just met up with the guy and shot him.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This is the exact reason that when I meet someone it is in a wide open mall parking lot where I have at least one man, up high, with a sniper rifle.

But on a more serious note - it seems weird that they didn't take the guns or anything else. They just met up with the guy and shot him.

The guns would have tied them to the crime.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    The guns would have tied them to the crime.

sure but I don't think they took money or anything did they? So why did they shoot him in the first place?

It's kind of like robbing a store but you don't take anything because it would tie you to the crime. It's hard for a criminal to make a decent living like that.:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A couple of observations:
    1. Pretty much everything you can do is more dangerous to do in Memphis than where you live, unless you live somewhere like Gary. I would not meet someone I don't know for any kind of transaction there, much less a gun trade or sale/purchase.
    2. We can't have enough reminders to be vigilant.
    3. The same level of vigilance should accompany us to shooting ranges as well. Too many people assume that everyone around them at a range is an upstanding citizen, and that is not always the case.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    A couple of observations:
    1. The same level of vigilance should accompany us to shooting ranges as well. Too many people assume that everyone around them at a range is an upstanding citizen, and that is not always the case.

I agree with this, although I've never SEEN an issue with this. It always worries me though, when I am at a range by myself, and during a cold period, have to leave all of my firearms, ammunition, and gear on the table while I go downrange to change targets.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    NEVER be Unarmed at a range..

I agree with this, although I've never SEEN an issue with this. It always worries me though, when I am at a range by myself, and during a cold period, have to leave all of my firearms, ammunition, and gear on the table while I go downrange to change targets.

I believe this has come up before..I, and most shooters ALWAYS have a handgun on my person, at a range, or shooting on my friends "Back 40". This is one that I will NOT be shooting that day, unless my life is on the line.

I also do NOT leave a gun loaded on the bench while I check targets. Most of the time the long guns are pointed down range, toward the target, and me while I am checking-thus unloaded..Bill.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I believe this has come up before..I, and most shooters ALWAYS have a handgun on my person, at a range, or shooting on my friends "Back 40". This is one that I will NOT be shooting that day, unless my life is on the line.

I also do NOT leave a gun loaded on the bench while I check targets. Most of the time the long guns are pointed down range, toward the target, and me while I am checking-thus unloaded..Bill.

They may be unloaded, but there are probably several boxes of ammo immediately next to them! I always have this nagging worry that while I'm 100 yards downrange, some of my gear with go missing, or some crazy may decide to insert a magazine.

If I go with a friend, we alternate trips downrange, so that one of us is always at the table.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They may be unloaded, but there are probably several boxes of ammo immediately next to them! I always have this nagging worry that while I'm 100 yards downrange, some of my gear with go missing, or some crazy may decide to insert a magazine.

If I go with a friend, we alternate trips downrange, so that one of us is always at the table.

If I am solo at the range I have a holstered gun. I am not touching it, it is not pointed but holstered. I have had discussion about this with the range safety people and they can have issue but seldom do. As I said, alone at the range.

When we meet to buy/sell a gun I am "Never" alone. I am always armed and in full SA as is my son or son-in-law. I have never had an alarm go off in my head about any ingo folks I have met. All have been wonderful, conversant and spot on.
    I have used other forums but no longer. I have had issue with some of those folks. Tried to change the agreement, I am short on the money etc. Done except ingo. Good folks.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Always day light and always in a chain store or chain restaurant parking lot.
    So far I have had no problems

Just sold one yesterday in a parking lot of a busy restaurant, had my handgun on my hip the whole time. If you're nervous about it, don't do it or take someone with you.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I understand the criminal mind is not always rational, but how can someone make a deal to meet someone on Craigslist and not be tracked down? Do they use some kind of pseudo-name with technology that can't be tracked?
    Piggy back someones wifi, it will lead the cops to the wrong house

Top Bottom