• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've just been made aware by a relative of his wife (another INGO member) that he was a father-to-be as well. His family could really use some prayers...

That just really sucks. :-( First child?

I had a college friend who was killed in the line of duty several years ago - right after his wife had found out they were pregnant with their first. Christmastime, too, for that one.

This is a really crappy world we live in. :-(

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That just really sucks. :-( First child?

I had a college friend who was killed in the line of duty several years ago - right after his wife had found out they were pregnant with their first. Christmastime, too, for that one.

This is a really crappy world we live in. :-(

Yep... first :(

BTW, where did your wife go to school? If she went to AC she very well may know Tim, they are pretty close in age.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Terrible news and heartbreaking. I don't know the victim or family and it screwed me up. Nothing I can say or do to make anyone feel better but I'm throwing some prayers the family's way. Peace

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I saw a FB update from another of my wife's cousins - She had evidently grown up with and gone to school with Tim; rode the same bus.

It must be dusty in here, my eyes is waterin'.

-J-

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    What a horrible decision to have to make. May he rest in peace.
    I agree. I would not want to ever be put in that position to have to make a decision of that gravity. I hope the family and friends can pick up the pieces and carry on ASAP. It was a dumb MISTAKE that could have happened to any of us on here.

Funerals are very expensive (My father passed away in Mar '13 only a 1.5 months after finding out he had cancer) but this hunter left behind a wife and a unborn child and she will be without his income now.

Any way possible INGO "owner" or main moderator can take up a collection and give this widow and unborn child a check on behalf of all INGO members? Ill throw in the first $100 in the hat.

I will gladly donate my time if the INGO owner or main Mod does not have the time to run the collection. I will even personally drive the INGO check to the widow.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I agree. I would not want to ever be put in that position to have to make a decision of that gravity. I hope the family and friends can pick up the pieces and carry on ASAP. It was a dumb MISTAKE that could have happened to any of us on here.

Funerals are very expensive (My father passed away in Mar '13 only a 1.5 months after finding out he had cancer) but this hunter left behind a wife and a unborn child and she will be without his income now.

Any way possible INGO "owner" or main moderator can take up a collection and give this widow and unborn child a check on behalf of all INGO members? Ill throw in the first $100 in the hat.

I will gladly donate my time if the INGO owner or main Mod does not have the time to run the collection. I will even personally drive the INGO check to the widow.

I was thinking this as well. Let's make this happen.

I read this story earlier and had no idea it was this close to home. Makes you think.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

Tim was our Nephew by marriage.
    If one of the Mods is willing to take your generous donation and put it in a fund I will give that Mod Tim's widow, Abbey's, address, or if she has set up a donation fund, the location of the bank where donations can be made.
    Abbey was deeply in love with Tim.
    She had found her soul mate and was looking forward to a long, happy life with him.
    Tragic circumstances have cut their dream short, but she is still going to have the joy of raising their child.
    My Immediate Family, and I believe my Wifes Sisters families, are going to give whatever we can afford to Abbey to help her with the expenses of her pregnancy and the inevitable flood of bills that come with such an event.
    We will be at the funeral home tomorrow and I will pass along to Abbey, and Tims Family, the outpouring of condolences and prayers sent by INGO members to them in their time of grief.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    So sad.

I've spent the last 8 years in a chair as a paraplegic. I wasn't even supposed to survive the wreck. However, I've been very lucky my injuries were not worse than they are. I am actually better off than most paraplegics. I am supposed to be paralyzed mid chest down but I'm actually just below waist down. Not until something like that happens do you fully appreciate everything in your life. Especially when you are an indestructible teenager.

Prayers to his family. I pray he and his family find peace. He sounds like a great and strong man. God bless.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Prayers for all concerned. I hope I would have the courage to do right for my family as this brave man has done. From what I've read, he said his farewells and passed with over 70 family and friends there with him. Only God knows our appointed time. May his will be done! God bless this man and his family!

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    I read the article in the Indianapolis Star this morning. What a tragic accident. He made his choice, and may he rest peacefully. My heart goes out to the family and friends, and many prayers too.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

This is so hard to read... he knew his fait and was so helpless, I can't imagine being in that position...

About 9pm, Abbey called her father and Tim's father and asked them to look for him.
    Thirty minutes later, Mr Bowers was standing over his son's twisted body. He waited with Tim while the others ran for help.
    'I didn’t ask him what happened, he told me loudly,' Mr Bowers said. 'He said, "Dad I made a mistake, I stepped on a dead limb."'
    The limb, which he had used as a foot hold to climb into the stand, snapped and sent him tumbling to the ground
    ‘And he said "Dad, my neck is broke. I heard it crack." He knew how much trouble he was in,' Mr Bowers said.
    Tim's family believes that it was during those hours that he made his peace with with God and decided that he was ready to die.

If that doesn't convince every tree-stand hunter out there to wear a harness then I don't know what will. We should all learn from this.

Top Bottom