• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I always make my own sauce and rub, never quite the same twice. Most of the time when I make sauce I cheat and start with a bottle of the cheapest store brand sauce on the shelf as a "base", then add my secret ingredients. This summer should be great as I will for the first time make my sauce entirely from my garden and most of the rub from my garden too!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I will say he has great sauce! also met him at the 1500 and have become acquaintances, he is a good stand up guy and $25 for a gallon of sauce? that can't be beat.

I've tried all the methods through the years and I came back to cooking bone side down and baste it. when you put it in foil it actually steams it which does keep it moist. and give you a tid bit of rib judging criteria- fall off the bone ribs are a no-no in competition Q. you want them to still have a little bit of pull on the bone. but honestly I like it either way.:D

You wouldn't happen to still be in contact with the creator of this wonderful sauce would you? I too discovered it at the 1500 several years ago and thru luck and perseverance I have had an ample supply at my home but it is about to dry up. I contacted my previous suppliers and they all tell me "nada"; do you have any further info about the creator and whether or not it's still available anywhere?

Sorry about waking the dead but Tyler34's mailbox is full and I'd almost kill for Stink Eye BBQ Sauce.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom