• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'm a fan of both the COD & BF series & have been for years so it's really hard (at least for me) to say which one is better since they are both similar as well as different.

The Killzone series is another FPS series that I really enjoy playing.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I really like this new battlefield but I wish they did how you get new weapons different.
    I love the destructible environment, and the planes/helicopters/tanks/buggys/humvees.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I bought a server for it. Out of town right now so I can't play it but it should be at the house when I get home. I preordered it a while back, then perordered the server (which went live early yesterday morning).

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Same with COD MW3, it's not that either of the series aren't great, but I'm tired of paying $60 for a game only to turn around and spend another $30 or so in map pack expansions shortly thereafter.

Maybe it's just me but I'm getting awful tired of being nickel & dime'd to death by these vultures.

It's not just you. MW2 I got one of the mappacks... it sucked. I heard the other two were better, but honestly, $3 extra for each map ($15 per pack total) is insane.

I have credit at gamestop from earlier in the year I put MW3 on reserve... I keep thinking about it and I'm tempted to release the preorder and forgo it.

The campaign will be like the rest, beatable in 1-2 days and it's mostly for online play... why waste the $60 and then the extra money on map packs (or buy the $99 version to get all the DLC and save a few bucks)... especially after the crapfest known as black ops. What a POS game that is.

Yeah, yeah, the people making MW3 are the same as MW2 and BO was a diff company... I know, I know. I really don't care though. It is what it is.

They will probably lose my $60 sale over their stupid DLC nickle and diming. not like it will matter, too many die hard fans (and their parents) to care about losing me.

I'll just have more time to reload ammo. :):

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    So, if anyone wants to jump on my server (I won't be on until Friday afternoon, but other folks are there) the info is:

Battlefield 3
    Name: 14th Tactical Group
    IP: 173.199.95.169
    Port: 25200

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Picked up BF3 last night for xbox. Activating your account to play multiplayer is like brain surgery. The game clearly tells you to go to this website to activate. I went to the website and there is no place to "redeem" your code that comes with the game. I found the redeem code page on the games menu screen. The menu screen has Campaign mode, multiplayer, co-op, settings, store, etc.... you have to select "store". LAST BUT NOT LEAST.... with xbox you have the option to install HD or non HD game. If you have the 4gig xbox, you cannot install HD. It requires a hard drive and the 4gig is just a flash drive. $60 + $100-120 hdd to get the most out of the game. With that said, I still live the game. I will get the hard drive to play in HD, but its bull****. I've been meaning to get a 250g hard drive so this is just one more reason to get it sooner than later.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Picked up BF3 last night for xbox. Activating your account to play multiplayer is like brain surgery. The game clearly tells you to go to this website to activate. I went to the website and there is no place to "redeem" your code that comes with the game. I found the redeem code page on the games menu screen. The menu screen has Campaign mode, multiplayer, co-op, settings, store, etc.... you have to select "store". LAST BUT NOT LEAST.... with xbox you have the option to install HD or non HD game. If you have the 4gig xbox, you cannot install HD. It requires a hard drive and the 4gig is just a flash drive. $60 + $100-120 hdd to get the most out of the game. With that said, I still live the game. I will get the hard drive to play in HD, but its bull****. I've been meaning to get a 250g hard drive so this is just one more reason to get it sooner than later.

way easier for ps3, took 2 minutes if that, point playstation!

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I had it pre-orded and downloaded on my PC from Origin. Played it for 15 hours yesterday...it was my day off and the lady-friend is out of town.

The weapon unlocks just take a lot of time, which sucks but keeps people playing.

Favorite thing about the game so far...killing people with EOD bot and MAV. It really irritates people.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Anyone on Xbox want to help me tackle the CO-OP missions? It has additional weapons that are unlockable for Multiplayer. Xbox live username - PUNISHR40cal

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    I got it the night of launch. And now that most of the server issues have cleared it's rocking. I will not be getting MW3. Not trying to start a flame war, just stating my opinion, but CoD died after CoD MW1. They started trying to please children and idiots. I'm a huge fan of realism and BF3 isn't by any means but it doesn't have people running around duel-wielding shotguns, throwing knives, throwing tomahawks, throwing semtex grenades(which remind me an awful lot of Halo's sticky grenades), and all other manners of irritating gimicky things. I will admit though that every now and then I get the itch for that fast paced arcade shooter feel. But I haven't spent a dime on a CoD game since MW1 and I will continue not to feed the gimicky themes of CoD. But oh do I miss the days of respectable CoD.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm a fan of both the COD & BF series & have been for years so it's really hard (at least for me) to say which one is better since they are both similar as well as different.

The Killzone series is another FPS series that I really enjoy playing.

Same here. I must say BF3 is simply outstanding. If MW3 is better, then I'll be far beyond thrilled.

I like the realism of the optics on bf3. The ACOG and EOTEC's are just like the real deal, unlike with COD.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    That's would I love about Battlefield is the "realism" hardcore COD fans won't like it. what is kinda killing Battlefield is the party system and the no private matches on consoles...

Deadly Z Driver on Xbox feel live free to hit me up!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I made the mistake of renting the game for xbox. Probably wouldn't be too bad if I bought it but there was no code in the box and I'm not paying to play online. Not a real big fan of the campaign mode. Rented Homefront at the same time and it isn't too bad. Can't wait for this semester to end so I can actually turn my xbox on for more than an hour a week.

Top Bottom