"Bass fisherman" Big hits on stick worms what about you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Ive been jiggin various stick worms" senkos" lately. Neon greens and whites are slammin for me right now.
    Floating frogs also..
    Sunday and Monday all my keepers were caught with em, right on the bank. The biggest one 4.5 lbs.:rockwoot:

What have you guys been using?

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    1/0 Gamkatsu wacky rigged but I use a small split ring around the worm then hook through the split ring instead of the worm. They will last much longer that way.

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    The senkos are something new to me, have to give it a try but I tend to be too impatient to fish these and typically fish weedless top water or use large beetle spins. Just about every fish in the water will hit a beetle spin. Thanks for the heads up.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went all out and bought a jar of "Gulp" worms with on jigs.

At a few farm ponds around Russiaville, I tore up several 3+ pound bass and a bunch of huge blue gill.

Now I'm torn between fishing and shooting tomorrow. Maybe both!!!

Thanks you guys :D

TK :ingo:

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i texas rig the black w/ blue flake yamamoto senko's.been catching bass on that setup very well for the past 4 years now.also use the yamamoto shad shape worm rigged with a jighead,usually get alot of crappies and rock bass on that setup.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    went out tonight, only had two blowups on topwater but didn't land any.

Was surprised that NONE of us caught a fish tonight, that hasn't happened in a long time.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I went out Sunday morning and tried the Wacky rig for the first time. This was the only fish I caught all morning. He measured close to 15 inches. The only rubber worms I have right now are purple and black Culprits.
    IMG_0006.jpg

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    im really big on using the senko stick baits.have them in about every color made.another good bait ive been using in the creeks/rivers this year is the rapalaDT series of baits in either the bronze or minnow colored.the smallmouth bass are loving these.i usually fish the flatrock river with these baits average day is 5-9 smallys and usually atleast 5 rockbass.not alot but a great day!

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I went out Sunday morning and tried the Wacky rig for the first time. This was the only fish I caught all morning. He measured close to 15 inches. The only rubber worms I have right now are purple and black Culprits.

Is that a weighted hook w/ 2 swivels? Senkos are heavy enough to not need any more weight when throwing them. I would also advise loosing all the metal before the hook. Alot of strikes happen when the senko is slowly sinking to the bottom. Your worm will have a much better action if you dont use all the extras. Give it a shot Spainy, it might get you afew more fish.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Is that a weighted hook w/ 2 swivels? Senkos are heavy enough to not need any more weight when throwing them. I would also advise loosing all the metal before the hook. Alot of strikes happen when the senko is slowly sinking to the bottom. Your worm will have a much better action if you dont use all the extras. Give it a shot Spainy, it might get you afew more fish.

The whole reason for the weighted hook was for casting it farther down the bank. I'll most likely go back out this weekend and try it w/out the weighted hook.

Top Bottom