• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I can't beleive the postings about hurting the dog. It's the owner that's the issue. I have trained 5 dogs over the years to protect my property and family and they don't bark for no reason! My dogs are my family. Hurt one of mine (family or dog) and it would not be pretty for ya! just sayin...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    anti-freeze, just wear a mask on the mission!

I would think it might be hard to get the neighbors to drink it, since they're the actual problem here. Same sort of thought for those asking about having anything suppressed, unless you meant shooting the neighbors and taking the dog into the family. If the owners know the dog is out there barking non-stop, killing their animal wouldn't really change much. They'll most likely get another dog and not properly train that one either. I hope that the people talking about killing a neighbor's dog over barking, without ever mentioning it to the neighbors are saying it to be funny. If not, I hope you don't have kids and aren't allowed around any children or animals...ever.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    My dogs love peanut butter. It does busy them up for a awhile lol! :D

One time my dog ate a whole bag of Jolly Ranchers, including many of the wrappers. He spent the next several hours licking his face -- no time to bark! :laugh:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    peanut butter, works like a charm.

I had a dog that barked when I first got it. When it started I would slather a huge glob of peanut butter on a piece of bread and throw it to the dog. The next ten minutes were spent watching the dog try to get the peanut butter off the roof of its mouth. After a few repeats of this the dog wouldn't bark unless it meant it. Dog and I spent many peaceful years together afterward. YMMV

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would think it might be hard to get the neighbors to drink it, since they're the actual problem here. Same sort of thought for those asking about having anything suppressed, unless you meant shooting the neighbors and taking the dog into the family. If the owners know the dog is out there barking non-stop, killing their animal wouldn't really change much. They'll most likely get another dog and not properly train that one either. I hope that the people talking about killing a neighbor's dog over barking, without ever mentioning it to the neighbors are saying it to be funny. If not, I hope you don't have kids and aren't allowed around any children or animals...ever.

This was my thoughts when mentioning a suppressor and after reading more posts and thinking on the matter I see my intentions were not fully explained. I did not want to express my true feelings in an open forum.
    Yes, the owners are the real issues.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    If they are home they have to hear him bark just like you do. If they are gone for long periods of time then who is giving him/her fresh water everyday and food? I would try even leaving them a note if they are gone a lot. His barking is saying something since he does not do it all the time.

TOOLMAN3063

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    zapppp

My neighbors two hounds do the same.They bark all morning (5:30 am) and im a 2nd shifter...I sent them a letter ,with info on a barking dog collar.(zap)..That worked for two weeks... Now its time for antifreeze!!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    if your local government animal control won't help, find out the names and phone numbers of local private Animal Rescue groups. Your government animal control people know who they are and they operate in Virtua.l impunity for the welfare of animals.

if the dog is being left for days at a time, call one while the dog is alone and they will go onto the property and rescue the dog. They are private not government so constitutional restrictions do not apply. They may or may not contact the owners of the dog.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have had dogs all my life. When a dog is doing this it's because he needs something. He may only be lonely and afraid and needs kindness and reassurance. You do know that a dog is a fairly intelligent and independent creature? you could make friends with him, independent of the neighbors. Then a little attention or a friendly voice from next door could serve to sooth his fear.

Don't come to hate the dog, try to figure out what he needs and help him get it. They are as smart as children, but people don't give them consideration. If the neighbors kid was crying someone would go and check on him. The dog can cry all night with nobody thinking to even look.

I have two (outside) dogs and live out in the country. I am on the other side of the same issue. My female dog likes to bark. If she here's or sees a critter she is barking. Mostly in the middle of the night. It wakes me up all the time. Ill go out with spotlight and sometimes find the cat, coons, deer, cyote's ect. And sometimes she will just bark because other dogs in the distance are barking.

I'm trying to brake her of her habit of barking, but don't want to go to far. The barking is a good thing if there is someone who dosent belong there. And I'm sure my neighbor can here the barking and complains, but from time to time at 3 am when she is barking and I carry the rifle out with me to see what she is barking about and pop a round off to eliminate the nucince, not my dog, lol I'm sure they know I'm trying to work on it so they have never said anything to me about it. And they are friendly neighbors and we talk time to time.

I think it's just in some dogs nature's to be barkers. I would just go talk to them about it.

Gee, as inconsiderate as they may be, shooting the neighbors seems a bit harsh... ;)

:+1: to all of it

Top Bottom