• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    You could look into the sonic dog bark things. Whenever the dog barks it let's out a sound that is supposed to be unpleasant to the dog. I believe they are effective up to a certain distance so you may be able to put it on your property but still get the desired effects.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    You could look into the sonic dog bark things. Whenever the dog barks it let's out a sound that is supposed to be unpleasant to the dog. I believe they are effective up to a certain distance so you may be able to put it on your property but still get the desired effects.

We have one of those, had a dog that would bark constantly, all night, no matter what was tried. The only thing that the electronic anti-bark device did was irritate the other dogs, and make them bark.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    We have one of those, had a dog that would bark constantly, all night, no matter what was tried. The only thing that the electronic anti-bark device did was irritate the other dogs, and make them bark.

Yea, I don't believe in those things either. My dogs bark when they see prey, and untill that prey is out of site or they have killed it, they don't even know their own names. They are so into wanting to catch the animals, they turn off all other seances. Those anti bark collars are a waste of money IMO.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    To bad. It sounds like a good idea.

QUOTE=billyboyr6;4061165]Yea, I don't believe in those things either. My dogs bark when they see prey, and untill that prey is out of site or they have killed it, they don't even know their own names. They are so into wanting to catch the animals, they turn off all other seances. Those anti bark collars are a waste of money IMO.[/QUOTE]

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Yea, I don't believe in those things either. My dogs bark when they see prey, and untill that prey is out of site or they have killed it, they don't even know their own names. They are so into wanting to catch the animals, they turn off all other seances. Those anti bark collars are a waste of money IMO.

What exactly do they hunt? :scared:

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I've got the same problem. My neighbor locks his dog in his (detached) garage and he barks non-stop. I've been trying to talk to to guy, but he comes and goes pretty quickly.

It's supposed to be nice this weekend...
    Maybe I'll set up a lawn chair between our houses and sit there cleaning my shotgun. ;)

Oh, and from what I've read, the cops/animal control won't really do anything over one complaint. Maybe you should talk to a few of your other neighbors about it too.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    After months of hearing my neighbor's bark all night long, I finally called him at 2 a.m. and ask him to turn his dog in the house. He apologized and did. Next night about 2 a.m. same thing and I called the neighbor again. My neighbor ask me to quit calling him as he had to get up early to run a bread route. I told him that as long as his dog barked and kept me awake I would continue to call him. Finally they started shutting the dog up in their garage. All my other neighbors thank me. I made me mad to think I was the only person in the neighborhood who had guts enough to address a fairly simple issue.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Whatever you do don't hurt the dog. It's not the animals fault that it's acting natural.

This. Talk to your neighbor as weird as it will be. See if they can offer suggestions to solve the problem. If they totally blow you off, then maybe call animal care and control and report a problem (not with the dog but the owners) or local police non emergency as a noise complaint.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    My dog barks incessantly as well when let outside. I try not to let him do it more than ten minutes at a time and especially not at night. He just has a lot of energy.

JadeBrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Have anything suppressed?

(Then drag it in your yard and claim it came at you. -sarcasm)

(I would bring it up to them and if they don't do anything then call it in. -Honest Suggestion) (Either that or the above mentioned. More Sarcasm)

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Then drag it in your yard and claim it came at you.
    That's a terrible suggestion - what if it were a kid next door making too much noise? Drag it into your yard and claim 'it came at you'?

Seriously - it's a living being and unless it really is coming at you - you would be a terrible person for doing this, much less suggesting it.

JadeBrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    That's a terrible suggestion - what if it were a kid next door making too much noise? Drag it into your yard and claim 'it came at you'?

Seriously - it's a living being and unless it really is coming at you - you would be a terrible person for doing this, much less suggesting it.

I was being sarcastic like the person I was quoting. I gave him my serious advice then followed it with a joke again. Hopefully I fixed it enough that there is no doubt when you read it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I was being sarcastic like the person I was quoting. I gave him my serious advice then followed it with a joke again. Hopefully I fixed it enough that there is no doubt when you read it.
    Purple text is sarcasm - if you aren't using purple or you don't, otherwise, spell out you're being sarcastic people likely will interpret you as being serious.

That said, if you are ever in a court of law defending yourself - your posts here can and likely will be used against you - so it's best if you make it clear when you make a joke like this... I would hate for you to have to explain such a joke in a court of law - that would be .... not fun.

Top Bottom