• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Absolutely. Excellent point that I didn't address. Too soon to rep you again.

I love this site.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks much Bill and no rep needed. And I love this site also.

Some banks can post that your not allowed to carry in them, and as such then your not permitted. Though I wouldn't do business with a bank as such so I don't worry about it.

In this state signs do not generally carry the force of law, although as an attorney here said, a properly worded sign may. If the sign said "Anyone carrying a firearm is forbidden entrance" You may be trespassing if you go in while carrying. But there is no case law on that. Generally speaking a no guns sign or a picture of a gun with a slash across it, does not mean it's illegal to carry there, just against their rules.

:whistle:I accidentally went into Hendricks Regional hospital this weekend carrying, didn't see the no gun sign till I walked out! oooppps
    I'm loving my city and county even more, I was just in my county hospital a couple of days ago to see my new great niece. I open carried and there were no signs and no one said a dang thing about it. Two nurses and the nutritionist came in the room and not one of them blinked. A big +1 to white county memorial hospital and another big +1 to my niece for giving me another handsome nephew.:yesway:

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I understand how this states' signs work with carry, but since I have a valid OH license I am still bound by the laws of my state's issuing license. Now everything is fightable in a court of law, but I prefer to error on the side of safety. So if I don't have to pay an attorney for court that frees up more money for more guns! :-D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I understand how this states' signs work with carry, but since I have a valid OH license I am still bound by the laws of my state's issuing license. Now everything is fightable in a court of law, but I prefer to error on the side of safety. So if I don't have to pay an attorney for court that frees up more money for more guns! :-D

How is an Ohio law applicable in Indiana?

And how are you obligated to apply Ohio law in Indiana? What would you do if the Ohio law contradicted Indiana law such that by observing and complying with the Ohio law, you violated Indiana law (sorry, I can't think of an example as I don't know Ohio law well enough; not to mention I seriously doubt Indiana is more restrictive in all but the most obscure of circumstances).

This one doesn't seem to pass the smell test.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I juat carred in a M&I bank. They have a no sunglasses, hoods & guns sign on the door. I walked in, did my business and walked out.

I think they were doing a shift change, they had $$ out counting it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    How is an Ohio law applicable in Indiana?

And how are you obligated to apply Ohio law in Indiana? What would you do if the Ohio law contradicted Indiana law such that by observing and complying with the Ohio law, you violated Indiana law (sorry, I can't think of an example as I don't know Ohio law well enough; not to mention I seriously doubt Indiana is more restrictive in all but the most obscure of circumstances).

This one doesn't seem to pass the smell test.
    I assume (and I know what that means) that he is referring the method of carry. A CCW is always a CCW, even in an OC state. Ohio issues a concealed permit, so he must conceal in Indiana, even though Indiana does not specify method of carry for THEIR license-holders.

But, yeah, he would have to follow all other Indiana laws.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yes, I always carry in banks! Out of all the places to carry, it just seems logical to have my weapon on me in one of the most likely places to ever need it!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Yes, I always carry in banks! Out of all the places to carry, it just seems logical to have my weapon on me in one of the most likely places to ever need it!

I agree with this... and I really ::want:: to cc in banks, but I just can't seem to bring myself to. Always unholster and leave my gun in the truck. Something about walking into a bank with a gun just feels... wrong. Maybe that will change with time, but for now....

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I work for a bank, and the topic of me purchasing a handgun for personal protection/concealed carry has been brought up... at which point I was reminded that I was not allowed (per my employment) to bring the gun into the branch. I wasn't surprised.

At my bank, I have never been told to hit the panic button at the sight of a gun. I have, however, been instructed to be extremely observant of any and all people/activity inside, and outside the branch. I've never been in a branch where a customer has open carried. I've never confirmed that any customers have concealed carried, but I'd be surprised if every single customer I've ever helped has been unarmed... especially considering how many LTCH permits I see on a weekly basis (tucked under the drivers license that I need to see to conduct business).

Having said all that, I wish more customers would open carry into my branch, as I wish that my company would allow its employees to carry (openly or concealed). However, we have been instructed that if we do anything to antagonize a robber (including resisting commands, or fighting back) that our employment will be terminated.

Top Bottom