• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Rarely do I go into a bank... but if I do I have a firearm with me. My problem is forgetting it is on when I go to the post office. Stupid law in my opinion. I run in and check the box... how much trouble could a guy cause in a post office?

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    I did a sale once at a bank, the guy I bought the handgun from wanted to get a notarized receipt for the sale, so we walked into the bank, up to the teller and placed the gun on the counter, it it's box, BTW. We did check the S# of it so it was taken out of the box during the signing of the receipt. Kind of spooky, but all went well. The seller knew the teller so maybe that helped a bunch. I am sure the seller was armed as was I. No problems.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I was working in louisville last week. Went into my bank to cash a check while CCing and didn't notice the "no guns" sticker on the door till i was walking out. Oops! Wonder what kind of trouble that could of caused me?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Just getting you kicked out of the bank by the manager, most likely. If that.

I usually carry when I go to the bank. I don't go very often, though. Direct deposit paychecks, and I have the Chase app on my phone so I can deposit checks from friends/family from right here at my desk.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I run a business so I usually carry concealed while at work.
    Every time I go to the bank I carry. There was a time on a Saturday when I was carrying openly and went to the bank without even a funny look.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My (soon-to-be-former) bank, M&I, has a stupid sign emblazoned on the front door that says something to the effect of "We participate in the No hat, No Hoods, No sunglasses, and No guns something-or-other."

I laughed at it quietly yesterday when I walked in to make a deposit with the Kimber on the hip and the .38 in the purse.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My (soon-to-be-former) bank, M&I, has a stupid sign emblazoned on the front door that says something to the effect of "We participate in the No hat, No Hoods, No sunglasses, and No guns something-or-other."

+1

Their "No Hats. No Hoods. No Sunglasses. No Guns" policy is now my "no money here" policy. My accounts with M&I will be closed Monday.

Anyone recommend a good 2A friendly bank or credit union? :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Open carry is perfectly legal in IN. There is no differentiation in the law between open and concealed and where you can carry with one or the other. There are plenty of people on INGO that open carry into the bank. Reactions range from nothing, to a manager telling them not to carry into the bank. That person closed their accounts. Only state I know of where its illegal to carry into a bank is Montana. Could be others though...

One of our members was asking yesterday about carrying out of state and I looked up the route of the trip he had planned. North Carolina also prohibits firearms in banks.

Yes but not the ones with the no guns signs and the metal detector.

Fifth Third has at least 4 branches I've been to with them. The one at 38th and Pennsylvania Ave also has an officer in the parking lot. It's the one I visit due to the proximity to work.

If my gun is not welcome at my bank, my money would not be either.

I was working in louisville last week. Went into my bank to cash a check while CCing and didn't notice the "no guns" sticker on the door till i was walking out. Oops! Wonder what kind of trouble that could of caused me?

None. KY does not prohibit guns in banks.

+1

Their "No Hats. No Hoods. No Sunglasses. No Guns" policy is now my "no money here" policy. My accounts with M&I will be closed Monday.

Anyone recommend a good 2A friendly bank or credit union? :D

I've never had a problem with Chase. YMMV.

Blessings,
    Bill

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    has anyone ever carried in a bank?
    Yes
    even open carry?
    Yes

I was asked by my credit union if I would please cover up when I came in though. The manager said that he knew it was my right to carry, and he had no problem with me OC but that the tellers were taught per corp to hit the panic button at the first sign of a gun. This was after I don't know how many times I went in there and no panic button being hit.

One of our members was asking yesterday about carrying out of state and I looked up the route of the trip he had planned. North Carolina also prohibits firearms in banks.
    Blessings,
    Bill

In a couple of other states signs carry the weight of law though, such as OH. If a bank in those states post a no carry sign it is against the law to carry in them. This does not apply to just banks but any business.

Bill, I know you know this. Just putting it out there for any newbies that may not.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Some banks can post that your not allowed to carry in them, and as such then your not permitted. Though I wouldn't do business with a bank as such so I don't worry about it.

I do alot of banking at Chase Banks as I use to do alot of technical work for them in the past. I do like their corporate policy which is one thing that keeps me coming back. They are a gun friendly company and will NEVER deny the a customer from carrying in their banks. If the bank ever has it posted or a branch manager says your not allowed, you call their corporate headquarters and they will immediately make the manager remove any signs that say your not allowed to carry.

In my opinion, if I were a bank robber I would target the banks where your only going to encounter 1 firearm from a security guard, not a possible firearm for all the customers there...but then again that is my opinion :-D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yes

Yes

I was asked by my credit union if I would please cover up when I came in though. The manager said that he knew it was my right to carry, and he had no problem with me OC but that the tellers were taught per corp to hit the panic button at the first sign of a gun. This was after I don't know how many times I went in there and no panic button being hit.

In a couple of other states signs carry the weight of law though, such as OH. If a bank in those states post a no carry sign it is against the law to carry in them. This does not apply to just banks but any business.

Bill, I know you know this. Just putting it out there for any newbies that may not.

Absolutely. Excellent point that I didn't address. Too soon to rep you again.

I love this site.

Blessings,
    Bill

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Some banks can post that your not allowed to carry in them, and as such then your not permitted.

you may be breaking their rules but it's not illegal for you to carry at a bank or any other place that has a no guns sign unless it's a school, etc covered under the IC as illegal

Top Bottom