• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I don't know anything about the quality of the bag, but it looks relatively small. What do you plan to put in it? You might get all that stuff together and see if you think itll fit.

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Not much, really. funny enough, I always have my gun on me, so it won't actually go in the bag. I'll put my small cleaning kit, eyes, ears, a few boxes of ammo and some targets in there. Are there other things that I should be bringing?

I am trying to go to the range about once a week since I just started shooting, so I'm not spending hours at the range, usually just about 30 minutes +/-. I am currently only shooting my handgun (taurus 709slim) at the range.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I think the pink camo is cute but I'm using a fishing bag. It's roomy, the construction is pretty good and I can always turn it back into a fishing bag if I find a new range bag I like better. And it was $11

9mmpeace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Kid's back packs work great

Our local discount store sells 15-29$ backpacks. We get them and dedicate one-to-a-gun (and its stuff).

They offer multiple shapes, sizes,and colors. Some even have good magazine and water holders on the outside. Some have padding for lap-tops, which works well for delicate gun parts.

Stores have the most selection beginning late summer (before school starts).

Have fun!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not very "girly", but I got a small bag at Menards in the tool section. It was black, had some side compartments that fit mags very nicely, room for eyes, ears, ammo, etc. Just a nice minimalist bag for a range trip like you describe. And it was $10!

About the same size as the one you are looking at and the top opens wide to get to the contents.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Not much, really. funny enough, I always have my gun on me, so it won't actually go in the bag. I'll put my small cleaning kit, eyes, ears, a few boxes of ammo and some targets in there. Are there other things that I should be bringing?

I am trying to go to the range about once a week since I just started shooting, so I'm not spending hours at the range, usually just about 30 minutes +/-. I am currently only shooting my handgun (taurus 709slim) at the range.

I forgot about this thread. If its working for you, its what you should bring. You've got all the important stuff. I think you're good to go.

I keep a bunch of random crap in my range bag. I should probably clean it out. I keep extra ear plugs, sun screen, duct tape, a stapler, a big bag of orange dummy rounds in 9mm and .223, a bunch of magazines, a few types of lube, some tools, cleaning kit, flash light, a pair of dry socks in a zip-lock bag (these are handy on the drive home after a particularly wet training session), a rope marked with various distances between 3 and 25 yards, spray on sun screen, and probably some other stuff.

Maybe I'll start a thread about what people keep in their range bags.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I think the pink camo is cute but I'm using a fishing bag. It's roomy, the construction is pretty good and I can always turn it back into a fishing bag if I find a new range bag I like better. And it was $11

Yeah, I decided this wasn't working for me...not once ya put ammo in it. I went back to an LA Police Gear (?) bag I got in a great deal a few years ago on here...black and basic but it has plenty of pockets for all my stuff..so far :D and I can carry it easily while carrying my target clipboard and rifle case

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I should (hopefully) get the bag next weekend, so I'll let you know. I'm still pretty new to shooting, so I'm sure I'll have more stuff down the road, but I think this should hold me for a few years.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    A needle? Why?

It is part of a micro gunshot trauma kit recommended in Doc Gunn Inc's Tactical Treatment of Gunshot Wounds class. It would be used for chest decompression if Tension Pneumothorax were to result from an accidental chest wound. The rest of the kit is the IBD (Israeli Battle Dressing) and medical tape. I also have duct tape which could supplement. I need to add a tourniquet to this mix, but have neglected to do so.

My medical training is minimal. However, because of the amount of time I spend on the range, I took the gunshot wound class and have been following his gear recommendations. I intend to seek additional medical training to build on this. Here is an example:

TensionPneumothoraxNeedle

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Update!
    Got the bag for my birthday and I LOVE it!! It's not too big, but it's big enough for my stuff. It seems to be made pretty well, but I might add some elastic to hold a few extra mags, there isn't a dedicated mag space. I'll post pics when I can.

Top Bottom