• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Limiting emissions or making more cash for connected green deals when you can't use a wood stove to heat your house.

Always follow the money

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Just purchased a new outdoor wood boiler last week being delivered tomorrow. Have burned inside for years and changing it up. Going to have to cut a few more Cords every year but no biggie. Its a Nongasser unit and as basic as it gets wont be suprised of they are outlawed in a few years.

Fyi if your on the fence about getting one do it now. Saved 3k on mine because steel prices are making them go way up in price in a couple months.

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I don't heat with wood so I don't have a dog in the running.
    I enjoy sitting at the fire pit in most any weather. The wood might be stinky pine, oak or hickory.
    We camp a lot and enjoy a campfire no matter the weather. Other campers may grip, oh well. During the fall we get a lot of fire bans in different counties because of droughts. Check their website for the county we will be in. We're good, get to camp, we are in a ban. I see a lot of posting at different reservation sites. Don't bring firewood from home, buy local. One website says to burn only heat treated wood at their campsites. That's to stop the spread of insects.
    The pandemic started, the governor posted, no open fires, air quality for those that have problems breathing. A neighbor called the fire department twice on me for starting charcoal in my grill. Said I was burning trash. It was waxed cardboard in a charcoal chimney.
    Campgrounds opened and we booked as fast as we could. First 2 trips no campfires, air quality again. Next 2, neighbors complained, they camped upstream from the air flow. Just walked by in the evening. Next 2 the wood got wet driving to camp, lots of smoke.
    Booking campsites for this year. Read the fine print. Our fire pits have been removed. You can bring a fire pit if it's so many inches off of the ground and can't dump ashes on the ground. Or, we have fire pits, you must bring an enclosure. Those things are high dollar. I'll bring a tub from a washer or dryer.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    It would be hard to enforce in the rural areas. I would imagine Indiana will be slow to dedicate resources for residential wood burning enforcement.

It's the federal controlled "police" that the Patriot act seeded that concern me. They won't have any compassion for the "locals".

Top Bottom