• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    So I was driving on a back country road and looked to my left and saw, to my amazement a BALD EAGLE!!! It was munching on a partial racoon? This is the frist time I have ever seen one in the wild and thought this was awesome!!! In Jefferson county and it didnt wanna stay still long enough for a cell pic so unfortunately no pics.:(
    Man those birds are huge!!!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    They seem to be spreading a bit farther south in the last few years. They are thick in southern Canada, and pretty common in Michigan (from my experience). I've only seen 1 or 2 in Indiana ever. Nice to see them returning to their old ranges.

Wait until you spook one from the brush 10' from you! That'll make your heart jump....:eek:

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    One flew over us the day after Christmas at 116th & Allisonville on Indy's north side. Supposedly, there's a mating pair that lives along the White River near there. The kids at Riverside Juniorhigh can watch them out the lunchroom window as they've got one of their "landing pads" in view there.

mattkellyind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Marion In (Central)
    This summer I had one soaring along side my canoe on the Mississinewa River at the Grant-Wabash line area. Awesome and majestic. Them talons would really hurt lasted about twenty seconds than a loud shriek and away it went.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I see them along the White River from 116th up to Conner Prairie. Also see them buzzing the lake down in Brown County. Wonderful to see them coming back! In fact I just watched a special yesterday on PBS about how they are making a comeback. The program followed a couple nesting pairs in the upper Mississippi River area on the Iowa Minnesota border. There were hundreds of eagles in this area.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    they are here in Indiana year round now..

Duke energy's power plant near Cayuga has an Eagle day weekend every winter. you can watch the eages fish in the warm discharge waters..

Hardy Lake has the DNR raptor center..

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    they've been at monroe lake for about as far as I remember. we used to go boating on the weekends and I remember watching them.

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    We see them almost everyday since winter came on along the Wabash river by my house in huntington county. Trouble is the road is becoming filled with slow driving gawkers now and eventualy will drive them away I have seen as many as 4 in a tree at the same time beautiful birds it also seems like there is a larger than normal amount of hawks around this area this year to.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    They're pretty regular on around the rivers.. I'd see them more often than not on days I spent a lot of time working the river, but I agree.. they're cool to see in the wild! Very large

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    They seem to be spreading a bit farther south in the last few years. They are thick in southern Canada, and pretty common in Michigan (from my experience). I've only seen 1 or 2 in Indiana ever. Nice to see them returning to their old ranges.

Wait until you spook one from the brush 10' from you! That'll make your heart jump....:eek:

Not an eagle, but I almost clobbered a redtail with my face, riding last summer.

Came around a right hander and he was on the right hand shoulder eating carion. Flew up across the road right in front of me. I think I pee'd a little when it happened.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Was fishing a lake in central florida several years ago and saw an eagle swoop down and catch a fish and flew away with it. It got up real high and lost grip on the fish. The eagle caught the fish before it it the water.
    It was an amazing sight.

Top Bottom