Bailing out on the .40 all of us sudden?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I too am a fan of the .40 round. I have stumbled on few .40 ammo deals recently and every time I meet for the purchase they tell me they are moving towards 9 or 45. As long as they keep posting there left over ammo I will be happy!

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I've been ammo searching everywhere and the only ammo i have been able to consistently find is .40. thought that was interesting

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I never had any use for .40 outside of USPSA Limited. I think people are coming to realize that 9mm is just as effective and you get less recoil, cheaper ammo, and more capacity. It's a win-win all the way around.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I like the .40, easy to get ammo as stated previously.
    IMG_0520_zpsb73965c6.jpg

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I think it's the cost factor. It's getting too expensive to use .40 cal. Hopefully this bubble will burst and these prices. Will settle back down. I would not be shooting .40 now. 9 mm is much more affordable. I am looking to get another 9 mm soon. In smaller pistos there is much less recoil.

colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    I never had any use for .40 outside of USPSA Limited. I think people are coming to realize that 9mm is just as effective and you get less recoil, cheaper ammo, and more capacity. It's a win-win all the way around.

There is a reason every police force in the country has gone to the .40 its because the 9mm is not as effective. Now yes you put two hollows of 9mm in someone's chest they are going down but cops were having too many issues with the 9mm not putting people down and they decided that the .40 has the punch to put them down and the mag capacity to have enough rounds in the just in case situation.

Noble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I still love the .40 however due to the dangers of reloading .40 for a G23 I'm looking to trade for a G30

Jneal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I loved my .40, but i shoot quite a bit and it was getting rather expensive, so I traded it for a 9mm.

Top Bottom