Bailing out on the .40 all of us sudden?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Pure economics.

I shoot a lot and for that reason I also reload. My current monthly budget dictates that I must choose and reload for only a caliber or two at the most. I really hated to part with my G22 and G27 but the G17 lets me get more bang for my buck and the G30 I have found to be the most accurate (at least for me) of the Glocks I owned so it has replaced the G27 as my edc. :dunno: Having said all that if my financial situation ever improves I will again have my .40's. I really,really hated selling the Gen.4 G22, I really loved that one. :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    South Bend
    My SR40C fits my hand like it was custom made. Feel, fit and comfort is a consideration. The quality for the cost makes this choice a bargain. Stocked up on ammo a while back when I saw the writing on the wall. Ammo may very well become the new currency.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    If I want more of any bullet I just cast more. Self sufficiency has a way of isolating all of these supply and demand problems from my little world. You should give it a try, excellent hobby, .40 bullets cost 2 cents each...shoot .40 for under 8 cents a shot.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    All of my buddies and I except for 1 have .40's, The only other one has a 9. We can find .40 ammo no problem, I haven't seen any signs of anyone bailing on it.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I've decided to keep mine...

I haven't fired my .40 in a long time, but during the last 'panic' ammo was available in .40 while 9mm was cleaned out. That was enough to convince me to hang onto it.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    I am a huge fan of the .40s&w . Good power to size ratio . I look at it this way, I like the M&P platform and own a 9 , 40 , 45 and using standard bullet weights the the payload delivered from the 40 is 2880 grains vs 2530 for the 45 and 2646 for the 9mm. (180gr 40, 147 gr 9mm 230gr 45) so I can definitely see the up side to the .40s&w .

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've carried a G27 for years now. I first decided on .40 S&W when it was becoming the LEA caliber of choice in my area because I figured it would be plentiful and easier to "pick up" in an emergency. I briefly owned a G26 and found it more uncomfortable to shoot than my G27. I'd like to get either a G22 or a Charter Arms PitBull in .40 to back up the G27, one of these days.

Top Bottom