• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    "I have attached our price schedule. There is one change. The Super-Shorty Remington 870 is now classified as an SBS. The host gun was an 870 pistol grip which Remington is no longer making so we are now using the regular Remington 870 which is what changes it from an AOW to an SBS. The tranfer fee is $200 instead of $5. The Mossberg is still an AOW with a $5 transfer fee. If you have any questions please let me know."

Thank you,
    DeAnn
    Serbu Firearms, Inc.

----------------

This will not reclassify ones already owned in Indiana, it only applies to the ones newly manufactured since the change of the originating weapon.

Sorry to bear bad news.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Word on the street is that Remington is not going to be selling any more virgin receivers to anyone. They are going to be increasing their "tactical" model sales and don't want to mess with selling receivers. The same goes for others who make this kind of AOW out of Remington parts. Thank goodness mine is finally inbound, it's now a relic!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This has been coming down the pipeline for a while now. I think Remington quit selling receivers over a year ago, its just now that Serbu has realized that there is no chance of convincing Remington to reconsider, so they finally disseminated the information.

Unfortunately, most gun companies just aren't what they used to be. Look at some of the old "custom shop" guns that some of these companies used to turn out. They used to "serve the gun enthusiast". Now they're only interested in the bottom line. I guess thats part of capitalism and the free market economy, but it would be nice if they'd at least care a little bit.

Hmm... I see a market opening.

Making receivers similar to an 870, with parts interchangeability (including barrels etc). Man, if I had a shop and an FFL, I'd seriously consider this. One of my goals is to eventually open a gun shop and get a manufacturing FFL. I just don't have that ability right now.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Doesn't sound to me like they ever did buy receivers. They bought 18" pistol grip shotguns and converted them. Because the gun never had a stock on it, no problems arose from the conversion. Since the new one comes with a stock it can only be converted to an SBS.

"The host gun was an 870 pistol grip which Remington is no longer making so we are now using the regular Remington 870"

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Anyone know if Serbu will do a conversion on a customer provided AOW? I've got a 10" Remington factory AOW and I like the Serbu's a little better. I've considered selling mine to buy a Serbu but guess I waited too long.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Anyone know if Serbu will do a conversion on a customer provided AOW? I've got a 10" Remington factory AOW and I like the Serbu's a little better. I've considered selling mine to buy a Serbu but guess I waited too long.

I will find out for you today cory. I tried to page you last night regarding something else anyway so I will get ahold of you today.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    wait wait so now i CANT legally go buy and own the older super shorty like as in a few months old anymore? or you cant own the new super shortys because they have stocks on them....why would they put stocks on them is they knew they would be classified as an SBS? that is SOOOO DUMB

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    wait wait so now i CANT legally go buy and own the older super shorty like as in a few months old anymore? or you cant own the new super shortys because they have stocks on them....why would they put stocks on them is they knew they would be classified as an SBS? that is SOOOO DUMB

You can buy the old one's as AOWs still. The new ones don't have stocks attached. Remington no longer sells the pistol grip only guns, so having the stock installed from the factory means that the gun must be turned into a SBS, not an AOW.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    You can buy the old one's as AOWs still. The new ones don't have stocks attached. Remington no longer sells the pistol grip only guns, so having the stock installed from the factory means that the gun must be turned into a SBS, not an AOW.

oh ok, so basicly i need to buy an older model remington before the price skyrockets like a machine gun?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I want to see what BigCraig thinks about this! This stinks! The stupid thing about gov. bureaucracies like the ATF is they think they can change the rules of the game at half time.

Either the ATF (and subsequent manufacturers) need more set in stone rules (like the Constitution) or we need an unfettered access to booze, guns and tobacco!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I want to see what BigCraig thinks about this! This stinks! The stupid thing about gov. bureaucracies like the ATF is they think they can change the rules of the game at half time.

Either the ATF (and subsequent manufacturers) need more set in stone rules (like the Constitution) or we need an unfettered access to booze, guns and tobacco!

I agree that the ATF bureaucrats have no idea what they're doing, but they have nothing to do with this really. Remington decided to stop selling something, the ATF didn't tell them they had to.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Remington is doing it on purpose because they are releasing a factory super short AOW. It is model number 870LW. I found a picture of it earlier but I can't find it now. I was going to post it.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    rem870lmc.jpg

rem870lma.jpg

rem870lmb.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Anyone else sending Remington e-mails about their concern?

THAT is the main thing I wanted to get across. Remington and other's are curtailing themselves because they are scared of making something they feel is "evil". Yes, their tactical shotgun or HD scattergun sales have gone up big time. But at the rate of production and with the recession, they should have a glut of recievers. Why cut off a potential sales boon!? Cowardice in the face of dark blue, yellow lettered jacket goons with the alpha ATF on their backs.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Cool stuff Currahee! I always figured, to heck with the Taurus Judge, a Serbu would make THE car gun! :D

But, would that weapon be available to us? To be honest and very blunt, to heck with LEO sales. While it is a big part of their business plan, we, the sportsman and enthusiasts make up a big part to. Ignoring us is ignoring the constituency! Oh, wait, the .gov does that anyway! :P

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Other Remington factory AOW's and SBS's (not here) are available to non-leo so I don't know why this one wouldn't.

I have found on other sites that a small amount of them have already been released and full production will be coming soon.

I have an "in" at Remington that I will see this weekend at the 1500. I will see if he can find out for me.

Top Bottom