• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well the Remington factory AOW looks like ***, I am glad I got my Shorty when I did.

SerbuCase_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Well the Remington factory AOW looks like ***, I am glad I got my Shorty when I did.

SerbuCase_003.jpg
    The good thing is, if Remmy is selling them as AOW's you can still modify the gun. Or, you could still send it to Serbu to have them do their mods on it.

But what I don't understand is, why can't Serbu just buy the Remmy AOW, do their mods, then re-sell it. As far as I understand it, Serbu wouldn't even be re-manufacturing the gun. They would just be changing barrel length and grips am I right? I think that option would be more appealing to many potential customers because of the $195 tax stamp difference.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    BTW: Big Craig: That was one of the last "cool guns" that Epsylum on this forum shot before he bit the big one! God Rest his soul! But also, I felt SO COOL shooting one, just like the dude on Miami Vice!

Your Shorty ruled! I shot it at Eagle Creek (nerd RO with glasses :D ), but wished it was with full power loads so I could feel the fury of the gun! :D I remember you talking with the other INGOers, I listening off in the corner. Your insight on a vairety of topics, plus Eric shootin' the Serbu was Awesome! :D

In all honesty, that is the gun, with proper training, for any car defense situation. Someone gives you static, give 'em Serbu! :D

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I don't think so. I'd replace the pistol grip straight away, but other than that I'm OK with it. What's the barrel length?

Not sure, but I am finding more info that shows the gun in question as part of the MCS package, so maybe the source I saw it on was wrong and the new AOW looks different?? Or maybe they sell it by itself making it an AOW.

remingtonmcse.jpg

MCS.jpg

rem870mcs_ax.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    BTW: Big Craig: That was one of the last "cool guns" that Epsylum on this forum shot before he bit the big one! God Rest his soul! But also, I felt SO COOL shooting one, just like the dude on Miami Vice!

Your Shorty ruled! I shot it at Eagle Creek (nerd RO with glasses :D ), but wished it was with full power loads so I could feel the fury of the gun! :D I remember you talking with the other INGOers, I listening off in the corner. Your insight on a vairety of topics, plus Eric shootin' the Serbu was Awesome! :D

In all honesty, that is the gun, with proper training, for any car defense situation. Someone gives you static, give 'em Serbu! :D

I am honored to have been able to let Eric give the Serbu a ride, as well as the rest of the Eagle Creek RO crew. If anything I was returning the favor to Erice, he was the first to put a Tromix S12 in my hand.

One of these days this summer I will get back out to Eagle Creek and bring some other toys for the RO crew to try out.

Glad you like the Serbu, Vern.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That Stinks.

BTW Bob's Pawn in Kokomo has a Mossberg short under the glass for $595 (I believe, saw it last time I was there picking up the Crickett for my boy)

Top Bottom